• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long did you have off work after mc?

Kandl123

Family of 3, soon to be 4
Reaction score
just wondering how long you had off? I don't feel at all ready and I don't want to go back. I'm customer facing and I know as soon as I see a baby or a pregnant woman I will cry. I just know it. My lower abdomen still hurts too. But would it be better for me to go back to work? Keep me busy? I don't know :cry:

Hi, firstly I'm so sorry for your loss.
I have my ERPC on Thursday but last time I had the surgery on a Thursday and was back in work on the Tuesday the next week. On he Monday I couldn't face it and had an appointment. I know some take a week off and have a Drs note. Take care and don't rush back if you can help it. I think I rushed it last time as I wanted to show I was strong x

Sorry for your loss.

The doctors usually give a week off work after a D&C. But in my case, I felt it was more time to heal emotionally than physically. I felt ok after the surgery and wasn't in any pain. And usually only had a dose of painkillers given right after the op. They usually give a week's supply but I never took it in both of mine. I would say take the time to heal. You'll need time to mourn esp if it's the first time. (The second one I probably could have gone back the next day).

Of course, it is different in your situation as you're customer facing. I know the fear of seeing other pregnant ladies... It took me a while to not feel a stabbing pain inside. Even nowadays, it still triggers something but to a smaller magnitude.

Hang in there! It just takes time.

Thanks everyone. Yeah this is my first loss, so it has hit me pretty hard. It would any loss but you know what I'm saying. Anything and everything seems to set me off crying, songs,pregnant women, babies, just if I think back to the night I felt that big clot come out of me. Got school run soon and I'm dreading it :cry: I just wanna hide away

With my complete miscarriage i had 3 days with my mmc where i bled on and off then had D&C it was 3weeks in total, i went back on the monday after surgery on the fri x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->