How long does cluster feeding last?

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
Zzz...

My bub cluster feeds in the evening for 3-4 hours. I feed him upstairs with lights off so he knows it's bedtime and it works really well, he goes straight to sleep after. But this means that I'm pretty bored and starving because I don't get dinner until he's down!

So just wondering how long babies do this for? I'm dreaming of feeding him and going downstairs for dinner at a normal hour :haha:

My daughter still does this most evenings..but I do it in the living room with the lights off and TV on with snacks nearby. She'll go back and forth for a couple of hours and go to sleep.

My son is 4.5 months old, he stopped cluster feeds about a month ago and now he started again because he got so active all of a sudden. It really comes and goes and it is more intense with growth leaps.

I was watching Mike and Molly on my laptop in bed during those non stop cluster feeds. Have a bottle of water near by and a few snacks. I just recently started having dinner at a decent hour w/ my hubby :p

Trust me though it is sooo worth it, my baby is so strong and healthy! I compare him with other babies who didn't get any breast milk and they are constantly sick and have to take antibiotics all the time, then I'm glad I tough it out with the cluster feeding.

My wee one still feeds a bit more in the evenings but the mad cluster feeding eased off around 3-3.5 months. It's so annoying I know. It's exhausting. Stick in there. It gets better.

My daughter never stopped cluster feeding in the evenings, even when I stopped BF at 14m old she was still doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->