How long does perfume "keep"?

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
I have a few bottles of Perfume on my chest of drawers, they are out of sunlight but I have had some for 2/3 years

Just wondering how long you keep yours for?

I also have some of the matching body lotions that haven't been opened, again how long do you keep these for?

I should imagine indefinitely if they've not been opened but they may lose some scent?

Usually it'll say on the bottle, how long they're OK from opening, which can vary from 12-36 months.

Although, my perfumes (especially if you've got a selection, and they're a decent sized bottle) last absolutely AGES! Seems a shame to throw them away!

I hope they last ages, I have a 100ml perfume, unopened, which the MIL brought me LAST Christmas!! :blush:

You can tell when they've gone off though, they just smell "off" and usually go discoloured too. Mine don't normally last that long :lol: but I had a body shop perfume went bad a few months back, it was about 18m old.
No idea about body lotions though! They lose their scent after a while but idk about unopened ones.

I didn't know that perfume went off! I've still got some perfume that I got bought for Christmas in 2008 lol! I'm trying my best to use it all up but got more for Christmas and it's my birthday next week so will probably get more. I can't say I've noticed any of them smelling off though x

The website I buy my perfume from (Escentual) says 3 years if stored correctly x

I just opened a bottle of clinique happy which just doesnt smell right. I think ive had it 2 years still in its box and wrapped up, , forgot I had it!

I've been told 3 years is the max and that's if it's been stored properly.

Perfume is hard; I love buying new scents but I can't use it all so I end up throwing it out and I hate wasting it!

3 years if stored correctly (out of direct sunlight)

Body lotions vary, their should be a little tub like picture on the back with a number followed by M, so for example 24M which would mean 24 months, and that's from first use not purchase

I have quite a lot of perfumes and some of them are really old!!! You can tell they have gone off as mine have turned a dark golden colour and they smell more acidic. I have a few drops of an incredibly rare perfume and will refuse to chuck it out! You cant get it anymore sadly. I was gutted the discontinued it. Rare empty bottles seeminly are worth money.

3 years if stored correctly (out of direct sunlight)

Body lotions vary, their should be a little tub like picture on the back with a number followed by M, so for example 24M which would mean 24 months, and that's from first use not purchase

Ahhhhh I never knew that's what it meant!!

Mine never last long enough for it to be concern! Haha. I'm cautious with body lotions, I usually throw away after 6 months. But I have fairly sensitive skin anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->