How long does your LO feed for per feed?

Snowleopard79

Reaction score
Just curious what average time per feed. My DS feeds for about 30-40 min per feed but can go for over an hour (currently 1hr20.)

I have tried removing nipple but starts sucking frantically then!! Worried he hasn't had enough.

My LO is 6 months now and she can get her full feed after 5 minutes of feeding, it can take up to 30 mins if she's taking her time and dozing if its around nap times. She can go 3 to 4 hours between feeds, except at night when its 1-2 hours at the moment! Argh!

Back in her younger months she could feed for up to an hour or more as she would feed and sleep at the same time so id keep having to tickle her to remind her to suck!

Newborn: 1.5 hours

2 months: 45 minutes - 1 hour

Now: 20 minutes during the day - 40 minutes in night

He feeds 2 hourly during the day and every hour-hour and a half at night.

My LO is 6 months now and she can get her full feed after 5 minutes of feeding, it can take up to 30 mins if she's taking her time and dozing if its around nap times. She can go 3 to 4 hours between feeds, except at night when its 1-2 hours at the moment! Argh!

Back in her younger months she could feed for up to an hour or more as she would feed and sleep at the same time so id keep having to tickle her to remind her to suck!

My Lo is the same feeds for 30 ish last for 3 ish hours but at night can't go longer then 2 hours she's a week off 5 months. Do they ever grow out of this??

Thanks girls. He doesn't fall asleep whilst feeding just chomps away lol. He does go for 4 hours between feeds dutibg day and 5-6 hours at night. Was just curios as beginning to think I was doing something wrong.

Scarlett has always been quick. Even as a newborn it was rare for her to feed for longer than 10 mins. Sometimes she'll take half an hour, but only every few days. When she cluster feeds she's obviously on there for hours!

My LO often fed for an hour or so in the first few months. Boy did that get exhausting! I don't remember when, but at some point he got fast! 5-10 minutes at pretty much every feed. It feels longer when I can't keep my eyes open at 3:00 am after 2 or 3 night feedings, haha… but I think it's only 10 minutes.

Doug feeds for 10-20 min every 2-3 hrs day and night.

Sounds challenging having them feed for hrs all the time.

My little girl never goes for any longer than 10-15 minutes at a time.

My lo needs between 5-15 minutes, depending if she drinks from one side or both.
She is 2.5 months old

Anywhere from 5-15 minutes. Usually 10 minutes on one side only. He goes about 2.5 hours between feeds during the day. When nursing to sleep at night he is on for more then 20 minutes (some is comfort nursing).

My little man use to take 1hr when he was a newborn, now he is 20-30mins for a full feed. I feed him every 3hrs during the day, then give him dream feed at 11pm then he generally sleeps through till 7-8am.

Wow you ladies have patience! My LO is only 5-10 minutes ..

I agree that the longer feeds sound so tiring! We're 5-15 minute feeders also. She's been like that since birth. So far she's had one or two hour long feeds at night, but its only happened a few times and we've both snoozed through it. I was the other way, worried she wasn't getting enough as she was feeding so quickly! X

10-15mins as newborn every 1-3hrs.

Now 5-7mins every 1-4hours (6-10hrs at night)

My lo is 6 weeks old and usually feeds from 5-10 minutes. I worry because my first always fed for at least 30 minutes but she is gaining weight just fine so no need to worry.. I suppose

My 6 week daughter feeds for 5-20 mins and doesnt go longer than 2 hours (day and night)

my LO feeds for 5/10 min, every 1 1/2 hs. I tried giving him longer feeds so he won't want to feed so often but it's no use. At night I wake up once or twice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->