• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long for lines to disappear?

cheekylupita

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I had a miscarriage at 5w5d last week. Lines have stayed dark and I am just wondering when they should disappear?

:hugs: Sorry you're going through this hun.
Unfortunately, there's no exact time frame. Some women it takes 2 weeks, some women it may take 2 months. It all depends on when the pregnancy is miscarried (passed) and how high your beta HCG was.

Example, someone who is 10 weeks along will have a very high beta HCG, therefore it'll take a while for it to completely go negative.

Personally, it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks, if it's still positive you must go back to your doctor, you may need help in passing the pregnancy. :hugs:

With my 18 week mc I tested after 11 days and bfn

I'm waiting for my tests to arrive so I can see if there negative yet (lost baby at 15 weeks a week ago)

I would call your doctor and ask about that. I MC at 5 weeks and had a negative test the next day. It is possible that either you still have some retained tissue, or is it possible there is a remaining twin? I hate to give you false hope but I would just check into it.

Thank you for the responses ladies, I appreciate the feedback. I did go to the doc Friday morning due to the encouragement from my man and a sweet coworker. My man was so optimistic that perhaps a bean was still there. Doc said I had passed everything naturally and am good to try again. I haven't tested for a while, but I think I will tonight. I just can't wait for a bean to stick. It was my first pregnancy and first miscarriage. I am thankful for all the support I have here at home, and here on the forums.

I found out last night on Facebook a friend of mine is now expecting her 2nd. I am very happy for her, but feel bad that the news made me upset inside. I know my time will come, but sometimes the news of others is hard to swallow.

Thanks again ladies :)

It's can vary for every pg and every woman. I've have several losses (9 between 7 and 9.5 weeks, 1 at 14 weeks) and it's taken anywhere from 9 days to 3 weeks for my hpts to go negative. It all depends on how fast your body flushes out the hormones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->