How long is it supposed to hurt down there?

ameliare

Reaction score
My pregnancy was great and I had almost no symptoms, I didn't even need maternity clothes and was back at my pre-pregnancy weight 4 days postpartum. My birth followed my birth plan to a T. But my postpartum healing has been awful... It makes me never want kids again. I could deal with pregnancy, labour and birth, but the after effects... No.

I got a 3rd degree tear that went all over the place. It went to the side, then down my perineum to my anus, then sideways a few inches up my butt cheek. My stitches opened up and now I have a 1/4" tear going down from my vaginal opening. I feel like it's never going to close and it looks awful down there. Every time I pee is excruciating because of the tear. I literally have to sit in a large bowl of hot water in the tub and pee in that because it dilutes it a bit. Pooing is almost impossible. It literally feels like I'm being ripped a new one.

If tearing down wasn't enough, I tore up as well. My clitoral hood is ripped in half and the tear is closed so it's stuck like that. I get really sharp, horrible pains in my clitoris randomly.

I'm 4 weeks postpartum and feel like my tear is never going to close now that the stitches burst. I dread peeing and pooing. To make it worse DS has a tongue tie and is killing my nipples, and cluster feeding to make it worse. He can't have it clipped for another week and I hate every time I have to feed him because he pinches me so bad. And I just really need some :sleep:.

There is hope! I had a 3rd degree tear and an episiotomy. I'm not sure where I tore (I never looked on purpose) but it was very painful for a while. At my 6 week check, I actually wasn't healed all the way so I had to come back at 8 weeks, and by then I was fully healed and I can say the pain was mostly gone by then. I'm 5 months pp now and everything is just about back to normal (although the dr stitched me up really right so sex is still a little painful at first).

Breastfeeding was also really tough for me and my LO didn't even have a tongue tie, so I'm sorry for the pain you're going through. I do remember it getting a lot better around 6-7 weeks and with you getting it clipped, I would imagine that timeline could work for you too. I remember crying every time I fed my little guy... Not fun. :(

Hang in there, mama. It does get better soon!

Word for word I had the exact same tearing as you I also had butt stitches!!! I was the exact same as you never needed maternity clothes and fit in all my clothes when I got home.
I found the healing tough going.
Are you still in pain?? I'd to get an morphine injection at 5weeks ppm in my butt as I still had allot of pain and my stitches took a while to heal. About 7weeks and they busted got infected and were so itchy.
Have you told your doctor? Have they looked at your stitches??

I only had a graze but even then it took about twoish weeks before the swelling itself went down and I've only just stopped feeling the graze. Ice packs Hon xo They're amazing. Fill up and condom with water (sounds weird I know but it really works) and freeze it. It's the perfect size and shape to wedge between your swollen bits and bum crack. Sorry for the TMI but it really helped me xo Make sure you wrap it in toilet paper before you put it in place though. I forgot once as DS woke up and I was rushed. Definitely learned quick haha.
Beat of luck Hon xo.
Oh and tense your pelvic floor when you stand up and do it slowly, I found that helped me too :hugs:

If the stitches have opened up have you gone back to get them to check it over? There may be something they can do?

I dont think what helped me would help your tears, what you do at the morent sounds like what I'd do if I tore like that.
Have you tried a tea tree oil bath too?? Nice warm bath and a few drops added to it, it helps heal, I'm not sure if it would sting with a tear that bad though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->