• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how long is the IVF Process?

barbikins

Mom to DD (RIP) & DS
Reaction score
Hey ladies

Im going to start IVF in January and im curious what the steps are and ho long until implantation occurs.
Does the drugs startnon CD1? When will egg retrieval happen & then when does the embryo get put back in?

Thanks!
Barb

It depends on the protocol you'll be following really and how your body will react to down regulating and stimming :flower:

I followed standard long protocol and started down regulating on CD 21 which was on January 11th, got my last AF on the 23rd (3 days late if I recall correctly), started stimming on CD 3 and had egg retrieval on Feb 6th...from then on it depends whether you have enough embryos to wait 5 days to transfer blasts or not. I had a 3 day transfer on Feb 9th because I didn't have a lot of embryos to risk going to blast so all in all it took almost a month start to finish :flower:

I think your clinic will be able to give you a rough timeline depending on the protocol they'll be giving you. Best of luck and loads of baby dust!! :hugs::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Ok so a month from start to transfer of embryo??
And then another two weeks to do preggo test. So in essence did tou end up skpiing that period?!

Did you get pregnant on your first ivf cycle?

Yes :flower: first injection Jan 11th, embryo transfer Feb 9th and got a positive blood test on Feb 22nd :flower:

There is a huge thread in the assisted conception forum about IVF successes where ladies share their protocols and how many rounds it took them if you want to have a look :flower: I found that it helped me keep a positive attitude during the entire process :kiss:

oK thanks I'll try & find it. Do you recall the name of the thread?
And congrats, that's great! Glad it happened for you on the first shot.

This is the link to it :hugs:

Thank you :flower: we were very blessed and lucky, I wish you the same success :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->