How long is too long b4 calling the OB?

momof3kids

Reaction score
We have been ttc baby #5 (lost baby #4 due to miscarriage in Dec 09) for 9 months now. I am wondering, just HOW long is TOO LONG before I call my OB? When she gave us the go ahead...she said see you this summer! That was LAST winter. I know it takes different lengths of time and I am sure some ppl have tried longer than 9 months, but when should I be worried???????

I'm so sorry for your loss, it's a heartbreaking thing to go through. I lost baby #1 eight months ago, so I'm in the same boat as you as far as being worried goes. The fact that you have other children (I'm assuming babies 1,2, and 3 were successful pregnancies) is a good sign that you are probably fine. Calling your doctor, or going in just to talk, might ease your mind a bit. I finally did that this past month, even though I knew people normally try longer w/out going in. I just couldn't relax. She did an ultrasound & bloodwork to calm me down - it all came back fine. I don't think there's an exact time that is too early, or too late, to be talking to your doctor. It's just when you feel you need to, for your own sake.

thank you so much for posting a reply!
Yes all other 3 pregnancies were successful. Other than preeclampsia and some c-sections. All babies are healthy, ages 10,5 and 3.
Maybe I will give it another month or so and see how it goes.....idk........
God Bless!

I don't see anything wrong with going in and talking to your doctor if you have concerns. They maybe be able to calm you or have suggestions to help. Best of luck to you and hope you get your BFP soon!

hi hun i know how you feel i have had 2 2nd trimester losses and 2 early mc's and one living child we have been ttc just over 2 years and in 18 months we have lost 3 babies i just had testing in march this year for recurrent mc's but sadly lost one just recently we are still trying to get the go ahead and refferal for fertility treatment as my oh is not my son's biological father and it was only after seeing the fetal medicine doctor that she would support my case for fertility treatment x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->