how long to fall asleep alone?

T

tinytoes

when you pop your LO one down for a nap how long is it until he/she nods off?
I gave Teddy some toys so he can atleast be happy in bed but occasionally he seems to take ages playing before sleeping. Little monkey. Still, it's better than him screaming..
I just feela bit sad for the amount of time he spends in his bed each day "trying" to get to sleep.

Dec only takes one nap a day and once he is down he is off in minutes, same at night once in the cot he is of to the land of nod in no time at all. Dont worry if he is happy enough to lay and have a little chat with his teddies then I dont see any harm. xx

when leeon was about 6 months he used to play for half hour before falling asleep now it only takes him afew minutes x

i dont put him down awake....

It depends on how tired he is....sometimes I´ll stick him in his cot put his mobile on and within 5 mins he´s dropped off other times it can take a bit longer. Quite often he falls asleep on me mid morning and then I transfer him to his cot or his pram. If I´m lucky he´ll catnap for half an hour but generally no longer.

about 10 minutes for naps but a lot less at night time. I think as long as he's happy enough to play in bed, you should just leave him. I'm sure you give him enough stimulation when he's not getting ready to nap!

I cant put Hannah in her cot during the day, she just has none of it and screams the place down. We generally have to take her out for a walk during the day for her to have a good nap. At night though, she is out within minutes.

About 10 mins for naps... minutes at real bedtime.

It varies - sometimes I'll put Jay down and he'll be asleep within minutes, other times it may take 30 mins of him chattering to himself / grizzling before he drops off to sleep.

I know what you mean about the amount of time they take 'trying' to get to sleep. On a really bad day it probably adds up to a couple of hours of Jay just lying there trying to drop off but he'd only be grumpy if he was downstairs and I'm hoping with time he'll learn to go to sleep on his own quicker :)

Thankfully he always goes to sleep much quicker at bedtime :)

xx

I rock or swaddle or breastfeed him till he sleeps.Usually 5-7 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->