How long to wait

mamabearjen

Reaction score
I was wondering how long you waited to try & concieve after losing your precious baby? I know the doctor will tell me how long she thinks i should wait, I was just wondering how far along were you & if you had a D&C, Vaginal birth, C-section & how long you waited to start trying to concieve & how long it took you to get pregnant.

I lost my baby at 6 weeks 22nd Jan.
Once my HCG levels were back down to <5 (took about 2 weeks) I started straight away pretty much - no luck yet though.
Just ov for the second time.

I had a D&C a little over a week ago. Was 7+ weeks along. Will be TTC as soon as the doctor says I am not at a risk of infection and I get a BFN. Soooo...the hope is at 2.5 weeks after a D&C.

My doctor told me to wait one cycle, but I figure if my lining is capable of handling a pregnancy then it will. I have heard many women who get pregnant without having a period.

What is your story mamabearjen?

I had a ERPC @9 weeks, in jan. Got my first AF on the 12 March.

I was DTD right from when the bleeding stoped, figured I was NTNP. got my AF 4 weeks after the bleeding/spotting stoped xxx if my cycle is anything like it was before I should be OV soon, but so far showing zero signs xxx

Good Luck hun

ok...well my story is different. I found out at my 18week scan the baby has "potters syndrome" (missing kidney's & bladder) I decided to carry full term. The baby may or may not make it through labor but I couldnt end its life. anyway, I have a 6 year old step son & i have been married for a year in 2 weeks. my husband & i want many children but this has really scared me. we will have genetic testing done to see what % this could happen again but i was wondering in most cases how long women wait. I plan on carrying to full term but potters babies are known to come between 32-35 week which is may for me...I know i will need time to grieve & heal i was just hoping it wasnt like a year.

ok...well my story is different. I found out at my 18week scan the baby has "potters syndrome" (missing kidney's & bladder) I decided to carry full term. The baby may or may not make it through labor but I couldnt end its life. anyway, I have a 6 year old step son & i have been married for a year in 2 weeks. my husband & i want many children but this has really scared me. we will have genetic testing done to see what % this could happen again but i was wondering in most cases how long women wait. I plan on carrying to full term but potters babies are known to come between 32-35 week which is may for me...I know i will need time to grieve & heal i was just hoping it wasnt like a year.

I'm so sorry and what a wonderful mother you are to this little baby of yours that you are carrying. My heart goes out to you.

Thank you for all your replies. Im sad there is so many of us but im comforted that im not alone! Having the miricle of pregnancy alone is something many women cant experience Im happy & blessed just to experience it! but I long to be able to have a baby to bring home & hold in my arms... Sigh, thanks for your replies it helps.

Hi every1,

this is my first time here, just want to see if there is any1 that could relate to me. i was 15 weeks pregnant (1 week ago) when i miscarried doctors have no idea why it happen. this was my first pregnancy. i am very tempted to try again but i dont know how my bf rreally feels he doesnt talk about much i hsve cried everyday since this horrible event. my friends n family say everything is for a reason but this 1 is so hard to accept. i jus want to know how ppl that has been in my situation has ovver come it i am such a mess rite now im in school but i felt something has been ripped away from me n left me empty

Antonya, I believe in the bible & the bible tells us at Ecclesiastes 9:11 that "time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all" god is a loving god and would never take our babies from us he tells us in the bible why these things are happening to us... if you want to know more you can message me. Im sorry you are going through this thankfully there are many women here that are or have gone through it to. I look to the promises in the bible to get me through all this. :) Hang in there...it will get better.

i had mc 26/1 and bfp 3/3 so it canhappen real quick after x

Firstly you are so brave in what you are doing, strength and :hugs: for you and your family.

Everyone is different in how they deal with things and you will know when you're ready to try again. Although we're all trying again, it doesn't mean that we have forgotten our losses whether they have been first, second, third trimester, born sleeping or otherwise.

Doctors also give varied responses of when to try again. After my loss at almost 12 weeks, they said at hospital to wait two preferably three cycles whereas my doctor looked in to it for us and said no reason not to try straight away.

Sendig you massive shoulders to lean, positive thoughts and a great big :hugs:

XxX

I just wanted to say I am so deeply sorry :cry: I lost my baby 4 weeks ago at 18 weeks and I am just devastated :cry: I can't imagine what you are going through :cry: Just know I am sending many prayers and so much love xoxoox :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Mambearjen... You are an amazing strong beautiful mother! God Bless you and your lil guy... He soon will be joining my Emma...&#9829; She was taken 11 LONG days ago...Feels like yesterday... But I too also ponder about trying again... I spoke with my doctor & he thinks 2 months my body will be ready... Now, not sure about my heart sooooo I'm looking and hoping maybe this fall.... I pray for you and will continue to do so... Xoxo!!
Thank you for sharing with us, you have blessed me abundantly!

mamabearjen-
I gave birth about four months ago to a baby with potter's syndrome, Anna. Also found out at the 18 week ultra sound that she would not live, and decided to continue with the pregnancy. She lived for about 30 minutes and although it has been so hard, I am thankful for the choice we made and the time we had with her. I am pregnant again, got pregnant about two and a half months after she was born/died. My midwife was and is very supportive of me getting pregnant again quickly. It is hard emotionally, to deal with the emotions of pregnancy and to be grieving as well. But I think it is really a choice you have to make for yourself. I had a normal vaginal birth and my labors/ births have both been natural and were very smooth and quick. (I have a two year old daughter as well). My midwife actually told me that some people heal emotionally by getting pregnant again. I think it is important to not try to replace the baby that you lost.. but it is okay to want to be pregnant again soon. How far along are you now? when are you due? Anna was born at 36 weeks, which i think is pretty normal for babies with potter's syndrome. I have been told that there is really no chance of it recurring again in a future pregnancy, that it is just something random that happens. I'm glad to talk more about my experience, and i hope that everything goes as smoothly as possible for you.

Thanks tigerlilyrose! Its nice to hear from another potters mommy. Im now 26 weeks but we decided to induce at 34weeks..like you said potters babies for the most part come on there own between 32-35 weeks my doctor says that the longer the baby goes & bigger it gets cord complications become a bigger concern as well as not making it to labor so I will be induced the first week of june at 34 weeks. Im having genetic testing done as some potters are genetic. I treid to send you a message but I couldnt figure out how. anyway thanks for sharing with me...how far along are you now?

Thanks tigerlilyrose! Its nice to hear from another potters mommy. Im now 26 weeks but we decided to induce at 34weeks..like you said potters babies for the most part come on there own between 32-35 weeks my doctor says that the longer the baby goes & bigger it gets cord complications become a bigger concern as well as not making it to labor so I will be induced the first week of june at 34 weeks. Im having genetic testing done as some potters are genetic. I treid to send you a message but I couldnt figure out how. anyway thanks for sharing with me...how far along are you now?

Hi again mamabearjen- I also tried to send you a message but couldn't figure out how to do it. I am new on here so still figuring things out. I did realize that some potter's syndrome is genetic after posting last time.. i hadn't done much research before since they told us it wasn't genetic and I just wanted to believe that was true. What kind of genetic testing will you have done? i don't know much about how they do that. I am now almost 12 weeks pregnant. do you know if you're having a boy or girl? have you been feeling okay? i never looked very pregnant, even at the end, when i was pregnant with Anna, and only measured at 30 weeks pregnant (was measuring about 6 weeks small) due to the lack of amniotic fluid. i am also very tall so even regular pregnancies don't make me look huge. i hope you are hanging in there emotionally and physically.. but it is totally normal to have a hard time. do you know of any support groups in your area for women who have lost babies shortly after birth? there is one here that I am going to, and it has been helpful for me. have you thought at all about how you want to spend the short time you have with your baby? i could send you some resources that give ideas for that if you want. well, maybe i will figure out how to send you a message.. or can i just post my email address on here? is that breaking any rules if i do that? i know i will get spam if i do that, but i'll post an email i don't usually use.. if you let me know its okay to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->