How long until 3 meals a day?

Jayneypops

Mum to 2 Fairy Princesses
Reaction score
Hi,

Our DD2 seems hungry quite a lot. I have increased her formula to a 9oz bottle each time and she has 4 of those in 24 hours plus breakfast of baby cereal and tea of baby rice/veggies mixed.

She wakes during the night around 3am but isn't interested in a bottle and sometimes during the day, usually around 11am/12pm she seems hungry but again isn't interested in her bottle. I'm wondering if I should begin introducing a 3rd meal at lunchtime or if its too much too soon?

We started weaning at 5 months so she's been on some solids for over month now. We started by just introducing breakfast, and like I say she now has tea too.

How long into the weaning process was it before your LO was having 3 meals?

My baby was in three meals a day by 6 months, she had gone loopy on her formula milk and was having well over the recommended max amount so I decided to give her 3 meals a day quite quickly.

Mine eats the most at lunchtime compared to other meals

For us, it was about a month and a half. We started at 6 months and it was probably around 7.5 months when we were doing 3 meals a day at least most days. I think it's more about when you feel you're ready to squeeze it into the day, as long as everything else is going smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->