How long?

dizzy65

Momma of my 4 Boys!
Reaction score
How long of a hospital stay do you expect with a second baby? i was in the hospital for a week with my son.. I am hoping not that long this time:flower:

Depends on the delivery and how you feel. I was in the hospital for 2 days with my 2nd (natural) and 2 days, though they recommended 3 for my 3rd (c-section).

Not sure if I'll do 2 or 3 this time. I have more kids now, lol, and my husband doesn't want me to be in the hospital by myself, so that means everyone has to stay there. I don't want to leave my kids with someone else - I don't typically like people visiting me and the baby until a couple of weeks after - if that.

I only ever stayed 1 night with all of my children !

I gave birth to my daughter at 4:04am and was discharged at 1pm next day so didn't even stay 24hours. Hoping will have same recovery as last time so don't have to stay in again. x

I'm US, and will stay the typical two days. It's the only time I am ever away from my other children overnight, but it's so nice to focus on the baby, not have to worry about cooking/cleaning/etc. nice private room for me and my husband, doctors or nurses on call, being catered too....it's like beig spoiled to me :). And my two boys will be visiting most of the day anyway, so it's jus when they sleep that I won't see them.

Yes I will e away from my little guy as well itll be a nice break :winkwink:

Same as Catherinek. I'm in the US. They give you two nights for vag delivery and 3 nights for c section. I stayed the two nights with my first, no will do the same this time. I think I will really miss my daughter, but as Catherine said it will be nice to give full attention to baby, get started with breastfeeding, etc without the craziness of taking care of toddler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->