How many cloth nappies in winter?

Hen

Reaction score
We don't have a tumble dryer and I'm slightly worried about getting nappies dry once it gets cold and damp. Our house isn't particularly warm either so stuff tends to take a while to dry. How many days worth of nappies do you reckon you need during winter? I was thinking 5 (1 dry,1 in wash, 2 drying, and a spare so you're not constantly washing nappies!!) does that sound about right?

I have no idea sorry :blush: but would like to see the answers! xx

i would go for easy dry nappies if i were you, we have a tiny flat and no outdoor line or dryer so my stash is mainly mircrofibre pockets that are quick to dry i will have some hemp boosters coming as well as a huge pile of mircrofibre ones so i can just double the inserts on the MF and just the Hemp ones for Naps and Nighttimes and trips out when they might be in a nappy for longer, but i find my pockets and MF inserts dry in about 4-5 hours indoors not in the sun when my prefolds take at least 24 hours to dry through which gets a bit tiresome lol

yeah, we.ve got a woodburning stove so can hang stuff in front of that overnight as well. I've got quite a few microfibre pockets, but i do prefer bamboo and hemp!

im not sure what we will do
i guess we have about 3/4 days worth if that at the mo
ive been told no more but have just bought three more nappies (oops, i slipped?) - maybe my excuse can be we will need more for the winter!

I would go with mostly microfibre with inserts that come out (I love Flips as they're so quick drying) and if you want them to be more absorbent, buy some boosters. Obviously buy more boosters than you have nappies as they'll take 5 times longer to dry.

Do you have an airing cupboard? I found bamboo dried in 24 hours in there with the hot water tank.

that's my current excuse. I reckon I've got about the same as you dougie. I do a wash every other day(ish) but quite often am down to the last clean dry nappy while waiting for stuff to dry if I cna't get it out on the line.

yeah thats our situation hen! when my nappy bin is fit to burst, there is usually about 2 nappies on the shelf, about 2 1/2 days

do you use flips? i am building up my flip insert stash (if i buy something from someone who sells flips, ill get an insert) because they are easy peasy to just change the middle and they dry pretty quickly

i think my problem is remembering to unload the washing machine before i go to bed, they got left last night and they could have been half dry

i guess we will have to see as the weather sets in if we will need to get more

yeah i must remember to put a load on at night and hang it out before going to bed, i hardly have an excuse caus i have to walk through the kitchen anyway and i have to be in and out of there when im preparing and cleaning my pump at 11pm

urgh, pump cleaning. bain of my life atm!!!

I have a flip with a couple of sd inserts, but I don't really have the poppers love. I find it really hard to get a good fit on her as she's a bit of a funny shape I think!!!

Then you get days like today when I'm doing a strip wash and I don't know if we're going to have enough to get through tomorrow!! :(

what about weehuggers hen? they are pretty much the same i think but they come in applix

ooooo I've never tried them. like the thought of an aplix flip though! :) hmm an excuse to go shopping, again :D

and the tabs are like little hands, hugging your baba

so cute!

(but im a popper gal)

I love my Flips (I have mostly SD) but I sometimes use the insert with other wraps - if they are close-fitting enough they work fine. I use Motherease Airflow, and with his usual nappies he needs a Large but with just an insert a Medium fits ok. I believe Motherease Rikki (the aplix ones) are even better. I also know of people who use Flip inserts in a BumGenius pocket (they fit the V4s perfectly).

I have 3-4 days' worth of nappies and find that it's not winter that's the problem with getting them dry (and half my stash is bamboo fitted), it's autumn and spring, when it's too warm for the heating to be on but not warm enough to air dry quickly. Winter I put my bamboo nappies on a rack in front of the radiator and they take 1-2 days. When they air dry without a radiator it might be 3 days. I wash every third day so I am usually putting a fresh load in at the same time as putting the last, only just dry, load away.

I have about 25 nappies I think. But we don't use cloth overnight at the moment, so we get through 3-5 a day.

Just looked at the weehuggers, they are cute!! love the mitten aplix!!! anyone selling any sized 2's??!!

i have enough prefolds i think with my pockets to cover me if i need to but would love more pockets for winter

yeah, im thinking extra inserts might be the way forward on this one

yep, im stocking up on pockets and inserts once i have our nightnappy situ sorted lol i ideally want to be using 0% disposables when we leave here for Oz,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->