• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How many cms dilated

bbyno1

Reaction score
Do you have to be to go to the hospital and not to be sent home..
im not sure if its different at each hospital but a few people i know of have gone to hospital 4cms dilated and sent back home (and this is the same hospital im gunna be giving birth at!) i thought by that point they would of had you kept in?

My midwife said not to go in to hospital until contractions come every 3 minutes..does anyone know how many cms dilated you ruffly are by this point?x

im sure you have to be at least 5cm before they keep you in but im not sure about every hospital ,

every 3 mins seems a bit late thats close to the pushing stage ,
im not really too sure tho ,

x

its 4cm here but i think it would depend on how far away from the hospital you live...if you live quite far away and may not make it back in time they may just advise you go for a walk around the hospital grounds etc and come back 1/2 - 1 hour later or something

if i wasnt that dialated id have to do the walk thing cos the hospital is 40 min drive from my house so too risky lol x

Well... when i was getting a contraction every 5 mins (apparently, i couldnt feel them at this point lol) i was 2 cm. When i went back in when they were definately at least 3 min apart i was 4-5cm i cuda cried i felt like i was so much more but then it happened all of the sudden and i was like 8cm so im not really any help there lol. I know that they wont give you pain relief other than co-codamol until you are 4-5 cm aka established labour!

They told me to come in when they were 3 minutes apart or when the pain was unbearable, i went when it was unbearable i didnt really time it lol!

I can't wait for you to drop it feels like you have been pregnant forever lol!

Oh gosh i wonder if i can last til like 5cms being at home! lol
Im not scared what so ever but doesnt mean my pain barrier is gunna be high :haha:
I hope just all of a sudden i get to like 8cms tho lol feels like an eternity dont it!
everyones popping their babys out and i feel like someone has pressed the pause button with me lolx

I think conractions have to be every 5mins... dno bout cm! some ppl get to 10cm really quick. I got to 4cm without even feeling a contraction lol...But once they put me on the drip to speed it up I knew about it! haha. Ur time will come very soon elle.. :) xxx

You scared me about being put on the drip lool anything to avoid it now!haha
If i can get to 4cm il be happy coz then at 5cms they will let me into the birthing pool :D
Good to see you back online:Dx

4cms- 80% enfaced and contractions less than 5 min apart and lasting 40-60 sec

I think where I am...you go in when contractions are between 3-5...I was 5cm when I got there...and didn't go home, but think it also depends on how you're handling the pain...how long its been going on for etc. xx

you girls are all brave ones:D

also i know this probably sounds stupid what i keep seeing the word 'effaced' what does it actually mean?x

you know how your cervix sticks out, it when its completly flat

if that makes sence?

I'm pretty sure it's 4cm coz I was 4cm when I got to hospital and wasn't sent home :)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->