How many had C-sections?

Fiestagal

Reaction score
How many prem mums had sections, especially babies with low birth weight.

I was told towards the end of my pregnancy that I would need a section by 36 weeks as Connor's low birth weight combined with a natural labour would be too much stress for him. What keeps playing on my mind is that when my waters went the consultant changed his mind and offered the induction drip to speed things up, I asked for a section instead as I was frightened of the consequences for Connor. I had had a previous emergency section so wanted to avoid a repeat of this too.

I think I'm looking for reassurance that my decision for another section was justified not that I can change anything now :laugh2:

I had an emergency section and my daughter was 2lbs 8oz when born. It was a very frightening experience as they were practically pulling my clothes off me to get me into theatre! I only went in for a routine check up. I think you should not be so hard on yourself that you had a section, the doctor had said it was safer initially and if you were concerned about Connor being delivered naturally then you totally did the right thing. Mummy knows best and gut feelings.

I had an csection after 12 hours of labor and my cervix not dialating. Samantha was born 1lbs.11oz. at 26 weeks old. I knew it was going to happen and it was a horrific thing i had to go through. My epidural was patchy all night so i felt all my contractions on my left side then in the morning when they hauled me in for my csection the new anesthesiologist on call in the am was putting ice on my body to see if i could feel anything and i could on my left side. so he would give me more epidural and I could still feel it then he started using a sharp poking thing and duh i could still feel it so the dr's told him to start pumping me full of drugs cause they had no time to do do another epidural in a different spot so they pumped me full of morphine and fentnyl and did it and i remember screaming about the pain in my belly and in my crotch. I couldn't even bloody see straight thank heavens as by what my husband told me he was able to watch the whole thing on a monitor above our heads and they lowered the bed to get samantha out instead of pulling her out and then he watched them reviving her. But hey it all had to be done to have my cupcake princess. Shes doing well in the NICU and just broke the 2 pound mark a few days ago :D I'm going to get her birthday tattooed above my csection scar. :D
Don't ever feel bad about it. you did what you felt was best for your baby. You made the right decision! :hugs:

i had a section 2. they talked about putting me on drip etc but 20mins after they broke my waters they knocked me out for section. i am a bit sad that i didnt get to give birth but i am so so happy that they acted wen and how they did as cam wasnt coping whatsoever. i dread to think what would have happened if they had let me labour! i think you done good, i would hate another emergency section xxx

I didn't have a section. It was discussed as I was stuck at 5cm which is what I was dilated when they put an emergency stitch in but they decided to try the drip. One of the main reasons they didn't want to give me one is because I had an infection and a c section increased the chances of it going into my blood stream.

You done what you thought was right and your lo is ok so try not to beat yourself up about it. Thankfully our little early babies won't remember anything it's only us poor parents who do!

I've had 4, 3 emergency and 1 planned my last one they cut through my bladder and had to do an emergency repair. Don't feel guilty at all it was the best for your lo x

Thank you everyone, I'd have been fine as I accepted that a section was safer but then the consultant had to throw doubt in my mind when he changed his. I do think Connor would have been more stressed with a natural labour.

I had a c-section too. The consultant said it would be easier for Sam and also had her doubts as to whether an induction would even be possible. My body was showing no sign at all it was ready in any way to deliver. I'm glad as Sams apgars were 10/10/10.

I had an emergency section but I didnt have the option of a natural labour as I had severe pre-e (which I only found out about 4 hours before Jessica was born!) so I wasnt actually in labour.

I think that as a preemie mum we have been through enough to then beat yourself up about it, you made the decision based on what you thought was best at the time. We have no choice but to hang on every word of the doctor in an unfamiliar and unexpected situation, therefore if the doctor told you a section was safer then of course that is what you are going to go with, regardless of whether he then changes his mind.:hugs:

I had a planned c section (the 'classic' where they cut the uterus in a T, more invasive than a 'modern', which is only a straight line). They didn't think my little guy would survive a natural birth or even a modern c section. The surgical team was really efficient - the whole thing lasted oh 30 minutes, including waiting for the epidural to kick in.

I had an emergency c-section at 27 weeks due to pre-eclampsia, and Sophie was just 1lb 13oz. I still beat myself up about the whole thing even though I had no control over it and I have just started counselling sessions.

You were just thinking of LO's safety - and that is the main thing we have to think about. You did what you thought was right - try not to torture yourself about it. xxxx

I had a c/section at 29weeks. There was no way Andrew would survive any attempt at a vaginal birth (he was only 1lb 6oz and 11 weeks prem), so a c/s was the only option. But because I'd eaten lunch, they had to delay for six hours, apparently it interferes with the anaesthetic. So I had to hang around on the labour ward, in an end room, constantly hooked up to a doppler (except when I needed to pee).

I had a c section the day before my 25th week. I had twins, boy and girl. Boy was 1lb 12oz, girl was 1lb 9oz... I went into labor, went to the hospital, they kept me from dilating for 3 days and then my body just went into full on contractions and started pushing them out. The placentas never broke, so I had the "bag" coming out of me, and I chose to have a c section as one of them was stuck in a very awkward position and I just wanted everything overwith and my babies safe. They both are doing as well as can be expected, tough days and not so tough days. I am very very thankful for the c section. I wish I could have kept them in me longer so they could grow more but it is what it is. Keeping them safe and yourself safe is the best decision by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->