How many hours do you wear your baby

aliss

Reaction score
Alex has colic and babywearing is a lifesaver. How long is too long? I know he needs to get out and stretch his legs (he is in fetal position), how often? I even feed him in the carrier (he needs to be propped straight up to keep the acid down).

Emma had colic too and I just kept her in there as long as it would keep her happy :shrug: Sorry that's not much help in terms of hours but I figured she was getting out of the wrap for diaper changes and I usually fed her outside of the wrap too. I always figured it's not much different than swaddling and I've never heard of time limits on swaddling so I wouldn't worry about him being in the fetal position for too long. Although colic feels like it lasts a lifetime while you're all suffering through it, it does eventually end and really, in the grand scheme of things, it's a pretty short period of time- I wouldn't worry too much about carrying your LO too much if he finds it soothing :hugs:

from what i've read so far it is highly recommended to take the baby out of sling every hour for a quick break

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->