How many of us take EPO?

africaqueen

Reaction score
Just wondered cos i took 1000mg each day the cycle i got pregnant and think this really helped matters as due to hormone issues i was not producing much ewcm and this really increased it and i got pregnant after a looong time ttc. sadly our bubs was ectopic but my egg actually got caught for the 1st time so it was a milestone considering ivf seemed to be my only option a few yrs ago.

Just thought id mention it for ladies with similar probs x

EPO-evening primrose oil

ewcm- egg white cervical mucus (for those of us that werent sure, lol)

x

No - but if I'm not lucky this cycle I might just give it a go - thanks for the tip hx

I'm going to give this a go this month

I havent used EPO before either but like HB1 if I dont get good news this month I will be on it. Whats the recommended dosage?

I took it for the first time the month I got my bfp(just up until ov) and we got a bfp after 2 years!!! So I think it must have helped, am taking it again now first cycle after m/c so hoping it works again. I hardly used to get much EWCM but taking EPO I couldn't believe how much there was - gallons, it really works!!

I havent used EPO before either but like HB1 if I dont get good news this month I will be on it. Whats the recommended dosage?

The recommended dose is 1000mg when using it for increasing cm:winkwink:

I was really suprised by the amount of difference it made too! honestly ladies if u are a little dry in that dept, try this as it really works xxx

I'm going to try this too I think, might help as my cycles have been all over the place and I need any help I can get at this point!

I'm in, this sounds great! Thanks for the tip africaqueen x

oooh thats a new one shall also be trying it in a few months :) thanks for the tip xx

I have been taking the 1000mg EPO now for about a week I guess and I should be ovulating about now (but my cycles have been off since the MMC). I have had tummy cramps for the past three days but not much CM and neg opks. I guess this means i am not ovulating yet but just wondered if anyone could explain the tummy cramps? Is this down to the EPO as i heard to stop it once you ovulate?

I must admit I am tempted to try this if I don’t get anywhere this cycle as I do appear to be lacking in that department.

I tried having a glass of grapefruit juice every day as heard that was good for increasing the CM too but have to admit I still don’t get very much – have given it two months of drinking it every day and am starting to wonder if it is worth it as I’m not sure it’s making any difference.

So you take 1000mg a day of the EPO. Do you start on CD1 when AF arrives then? How do you know when to stop taking it as I know you should only take it up to O. Do you go by your opks to know when you should stop or do you take it for a certain amount of days and then stop?

Hi Ladies. Yeh I wanna know the answers to SmileyShazza's questions also. I started taking EPO yesterday which was CD2 for me. So would like to know when to stop etc. If there are any good links with this info please feel free to post. Thanks girls.

This is my first cycle taking epo reguarly - taking the Boots 500 mlg.
You stop it after O, if not sure of O stop day 14 or whatever is midcycle for you.
xx

From research on other ttc/pregnancy forums it seems the best way to take it is from cd1 at 1000mg per day intill you ovulate and for those of us were it is not obvious when you do ovulate(i get dull ache when i o) i would say take the epo intill cd 12. That way u are likely to have stopped just prior to ovulation and 12 days of 1000mg EPO should of made some difference to your CM ;-) This does not work for everyone but deffo did for me and a few other women i know. Also taking a glass of grapefruit juice daily can make a difference too, but it must be the "not from concentrate version as the other is waste of time apparantly ;-) Good luck to us all xxx

Hey just thought I would update this as the :witch: just got me :-( took EPO not from CD1 but from about CD4 and had really bad ov pains, worse than normal, but very little EWCM, much less than usual. Not sure if this was because I didn't take it from the start or if it just doesn't agree with me. BD'd a LOT this cycle too. I'm going to leave it this month I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->