How many ounces of expressed breast milk does your LO take?

Wugz22

Reaction score
And how many months along is he or she? Just wondering exactly how I know when to start giving him more… mine is just over 4 weeks old and he's sucking down 4 ounces from the bottle. How about your little one?

My LO is 9 weeks and takes about 3-4 oz in a bottle. I've read that the amount of expressed milk a baby takes in a feeding doesn't necessarily keep going up as it would with formula. I'd stay with what you're giving now and if your LO still seems hungry, feed a little more. :)

mine has been taking 4 oz since about 1 month or so. he's just over 3 months now.
there have been times that he will drink 5 or 6 oz, but i'm not sure he NEEDS that much. he is almost always satisfied after 4.

although, now sometimes getting him to eat 4 oz is a challenge. recently, he has been less than happy about taking a bottle when i am away at work :0(

Mine takes 1.5-2.5 at a time, never has taken more. About 8 ounces when I am gone at work.

My LO takes upto 8 Oz and have for the last month or so!!! Not sure where he puts it all.

I just gave him a little more to see if he took it and worked out from there.

Have read and been told apparently you can't over feed a breast fed baby???

My LO isn't big either (you would think guzzling that lot)

My LO takes upto 8 Oz and have for the last month or so!!! Not sure where he puts it all.

I just gave him a little more to see if he took it and worked out from there.

Have read and been told apparently you can't over feed a breast fed baby???

My LO isn't big either (you would think guzzling that lot)

You can't overfeed a breastfed baby at the breast, but you certainly can in a bottle. Usually they puke it back up though, so it's unlikely.

A breastfed baby should not overeat because they have to suck out the milk, it doesn't just pour in their mouth. A bottle will come out in their mouth without sucking, and when they do suck it creates a vacuum that draws in more milk, whether they want it or not, whether it is EBM or formula in the bottle, no matter.

My son is 3 weeks old and weighs 4lb and has 50ml every 3 hours. For him it's calculated as 200ml per day per kg of weight. 200ml/kg is the max you can go to and somewhere between 150 and 180 is the normal range.

my LO is exactly the same age as you and takes about 3oz :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->