How Many Oz Do You Put In LO's Bottles?

steph1505

Reaction score
Hey everyone :wave:

I went to see my HV yesterday and she has told me to reduce the amount of formula Im giving Brandon. She said he should be having 20oz a day and at the moment he is having 26oz! At the moment he has 7oz at breakfast, 6oz at lunch and tea and then 7oz at bedtime!

So, how much do you put in yout LO's bottles? Would you just do 4x5oz bottles? Or do you tend to give more milk at bedtime?

i cant see that being 6 oz over the reccomendation is too bad??? in my oppinion anyway. all babies are different and thier needs are different, if you are happy, i'm sure as his appetite for food grows he would naturally stop drinking so much milk anyway again not that i think 26oz is that much anyway x x x

my HV said they will reduce there intake on there own so id do what your doing and will prob start droping

Ruby did not reduce her intake on her own, and my HV said the same as yours Steph. What about cutting out the 6oz at tea? That's what I did, without any issues.

I know Emma is a bit older but she has 7oz in the morning, 7oz at 2.30 and then 7oz before bed. But she's starting to only drink half of the 2.30 one now though so I think she's reducing herself...

Ruby did not reduce her intake on her own, and my HV said the same as yours Steph. What about cutting out the 6oz at tea? That's what I did, without any issues.

Really? Wow thats really good that u didnt have any issues! I dont see Brandon cutting down by himself, he is a total muncher! Oh I'd be so scared to just cut out that milk feed...but I guess I really should try it!

Thanks xxx

ppwwwffff I don't agree with that HV AT ALL!!

Milk will do them no harm what so ever, so long as they are trying new foods and getting used to lumps etc and having 2 or 3 reasonable meals per day then if they take more milk its fine.

The HV would have a field day with me - Izzy was on 3 or 4 bottles a day each at 7oz because I preferred to keep her on 2 meals a day until she was one, she was happy on 2 meals.

She gained weight and height perfectly and is bang on the 50th centile as she always has been, so the 'extra' milk did her no harm and hasn't affected her education into solid foods whatsoever - she eats everything!

I don't really understand this rush that HVs have to get babies onto foods so quickly - other countries keep their babies on milk alone for much longer and they do just fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->