how many oz per feed (2 weeks old combi fed)

Mummy2B1989

Reaction score
I am combi feeding my son both formula and breast milk. I am nursing for comfort mainly and expressing. I only started this a few days ago but on average what do/did ur 2 week olds take per feed? Ds has taken 2-4oz per feed every 3ish hrs. He slept 12am-6am last night and took 4oz upon waking.
I switched from ebf as he wasnt gaining weight and bottle feeding is going to be more practical for me and my family.

I combi feed my 2week old since birth using expressed donor milk and formula he takes 2-3 oz every 2-3 h on occasion will take 4 oz but tends to get gassy after big feed.
Congrats on a 12-6sleep.Very Jealous 😀

Sounds similar to us - LO has mainly expressed in the day & formula at night, he has 2-3oz most feeds, every 3-4 hours on demand. About once a day he will have a big feed, maybe 5oz, or will feed every 1-2 hours, usually just before bed or in the night, then might sleep a bit longer. He had gone 6 hours at night, but only a few times. I've been waking him in the day if he goes over 4 hours. Sometimes he comfort feeds, chewing the bottle, seems to be there for hours, but only has half an ounce, but will usually come back to it & have a bit more unless he falls asleep!

Xx

As much as he wants. Ideally, you'll want to aim to make enough so that you often have some left over after a feed right now, because the amounts can be variable and always increasing at that age. If whatever you're offering is always being completely finished, I would offer more. If there's a lot left (several oz), you could probably make less. If there's an oz or so left, it's probably the right amount until he starts draining bottles. But really every baby is different and every feed can be different, so I'd just see how it goes and adjust to what your baby seems to be demanding. We didn't switch til bottle feeding until about 8 weeks, but at that age, my daughter was probably only having 3 oz at most per feed. But she was small and has never really a big eater when it came to formula. Some babies will have as much as 5 oz per feed at two weeks. It's very individual. But offer as much as your LO wants (really you do just have to guess at first) and eventually it will fall into more of a pattern.

My little is 3 weeks old - almost 4 weeks and he's taking about 4oz, sometimes less, every 2.5 - 3 hours. Sometimes I'll let him go 4 hours is he is sleeping well. He's finishing the bottle most of the time - sometimes he'll only eat 2-3oz and always seems satisfied after eating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->