• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how many oz !??

angelmoma

Reaction score
hi im just wondering how many oz does or did ur 12 week old take ... my lil monster wont seem to increase his oz i make 5 but most of the time all he takes is 3-4 he is ff by the way im not worried about his weight hes fine just really want him to start streching out his feeds :)

I think my lo was on 5oz bottles 6 times a day at 12 weeks. I was told that if they are finishing the bottle then up the milk so if they want more they can have it. Also i think there is a growth spurt at 3 months x

My 12 week old has 5 bottles a day.

Very early morning she takes 3/4 oz

Breakfast time she takes 5/6 oz

Lunch time she takes 6 oz

4-5pm she takes 5 oz

Bedtime she takes 7oz.

I always make bottles up with more than she usually takes, just incase she wants more.

My wee one is on 6oz around 5times a day tho she doesn't finish every bottle only really takes full bottle in the morning and at night

I would say just be patient, he will up in his own time

Do keep an eye on his weight and on the centiles though, at 13 weeks LO was weighed and he had dropped from under 91st to 50th centile. HV reckoned his symptoms whilst feeding (arching back, shaking head at bottle) was a sign of silent reflux. we got him prescribed Gaviscon, and voila, up 7/8oz bottles literally overnight.

My 7 week old drinks 4/5 oz every 3-4 hours! lol

My 12week old also only drinks 4-5onces at 5am, 8am, 11am, 2pm,5pm,8 pm and 11pm.
Hes on soy milk and cant get him to take anymore hes gaining weight and sleeping well seems happy so im not too worried

If he's content and growing well, he's getting all he needs. I think sometimes these 'recommendations' especially when they come from formula manufacturers are just designed to get you to overfeed and use more formula than you need to (so they make more money!). At 12 weeks, I was just switching from BF, and my daughter was probably only having about 3-4 oz 6-7 times a day. Even now (she's 6 months and not really taking in any solids at all yet), she only eats about 5 oz some feeds, though sometimes 7 oz, with 5 feeds a day. That's a lot less than she 'should' be eating. But she's jumped from 25th to 65th centile even though she doesn't eat much and is very healthy and ahead developmentally. So don't worry about it. Your baby is the best judge of how much he needs to eat. Just feed on demand and don't worry about the numbers too much.

Yes every baby is different. Our 10 week old takes 3-4 oz and has 6 feeds a day, she very rarely takes the full 4oz. They say babies don't over eat so just go with what they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->