How many terry nappies will I need?

Celesse

Reaction score
I am planning on using terry nappies when my baby arrives. We are currently doing a lot of our baby shopping and are going to buy the Mothercare starter kit tomorrow. ( https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...1/275-9386530-7638617?_encoding=UTF8&mcb=core )

How many nappies are we going to need in total?
I am thinking of shopping around for the extra nappies for a good price, any suggestion of where to buy are quite welcome.

Thanks in Advance.

I can't be of a lot of help because I have never used terrys and I didn't start when my little girl was newborn. Once she was 2 months I could get by on 15 nappies and wash every 2 days xx

i would say only buy 10-25 to start you off hun, terrys dry very quickly so they wont be hanging around on airers etc for too long. also you might not like the style/material of the terry so i wouldnt go out and buy your whole stash in one go before your LO comes along. i know one of the ladies on here (so sorry forgotten your name!) uses bamboo terry's only and she swears by them :D i gotta say i do love my terry's but dont think i could use them all the time, i find i have to change bug really often in them and she ends up quite wett all round :nope:

sorry for the ramble...in short i would say buy a few to get started then try them and decide if you are sure you want them :) good thing about terry's is they are cheap so i would say to get around 25-30 that way you can change LO plenty and you wont be washing every 5 mins:)

i would also recommend getting some fleece liners, and i would NOT recommend mothercare/boots waterproof pants, even the smalls are mahoosive and arent too soft IMO, i would have a look at Tin eco wraps instead, they will fit bubba fairly early on, are cute and fairly cheap:) i have 2 small tiny eco wraps for sale if you are interested hun :)

hope that has helped some......i do tend to ramble :blush:

sara

xxxxxxxx

After thought i think its Mary JO who uses Bamboo Terrys????

Yes, I do use bamboo terries but not exclusively, I have 4 that I rotate with my Little Lambs & BumGenius. I really do like them, though I need to find a fold that contains poo better than the one I use right now.

It's my good friend ShadowRat who uses terries pretty much exclusively during the day. When she and I were both thinking about cloth, we discussed it a lot and she did a test on cotton terries vs bamboo and found that it's true, they really do absorb a significantly greater volume of liquid. However, the downside is that they take longer to dry. I tumble dry for 40 mins on low and after that they still take over 24 hours to dry hung on a rack in the house.

The thing about flats on newborns is that they can be bulky so if you want to use them from day one you might need smaller ones than you'd need as little as one month later. I didn't start using mine at all till he was 2 months old (used the LLs from one month) and they were fine. I think mine are 60cm squares and they were £3.50 each from the Totnes Nappy Company (they sell them in 50cm and 75cm squares as well). Don't know if that's a good price, bamboo is more expensive than cotton, though.

I also recommend fleece liners, which are available from most nappy sellers - I love the Little Lamb cotton fleece ones, but also have some that are cut from an Ikea fleece throw. They really keep baby's skin dry, if you don't have them baby ends up basically wrapped in a sodden towel if not changed fairly often.

I'd say, depending on how often your baby poos and how often you want to wash, you could manage with 20 and wash every 2-3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->