How many times a day does your LO nurse?

snowflakes120

Mama Birdie!!
Reaction score
DD is 12 weeks old - I'm worried she's not nursing enough times. I've been feeding her every 2.5 hours but she doesn't seem hungry sometimes when I go to feed her. I was making sure we got 8 feeds in a day. So then I went to feeding her on demand but she doesn't "ask" for it. And we usually only get 6/7 feeds in a day. Is that enough? I'm super petrified of losing my supply if I drop feeds. I just feel pretty lost on what to do.

My LO is 5 months now and we are still on 7-8 feeds a day which are roughly every 2-3 hours but some of these are really short feeds, like 5 mins ( I call it a snack).

When you say she doesn't ask for it, what do you mean? Is she not showing any hunger cues at all? Eg munching on hands or rooting etc

X

So far as I'm aware once baby is back up to birth weight and gaining weight at a healthy pace and having lots of wet and dirty nappies you don't really have to worry about stuff like that..? I breastfeed on an entirely on-demand basis.. so if she's not hungry I don't feed her. She does usually get hungry about every 2 hours though, then she only wakes up once in the night usually about 6-7 hours after going to sleep.

I wouldn't be worried if I were you! Maybe if she was only feeding like 3-4 times a day I would but 6/7 sounds fine to me.

If weight and milestones are fine then I think 6 feeds would be OK. Does this include night feeds or does she sleep through?

Trust your baby and trust your body and all should work out fine. :)

Sophie nursed 6 times in a 24 hour period at that age. She was very chunky and healthy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->