How much caffeine is OK?

9jawife

Mom of one
Reaction score
I have been super exhausted lately (as I'm sure most of us are!) I normally drink one cup of coffee a day but I've been tempted to have one more. Would two cups once in awhile be horrible? Please don't crucify me for asking! Thanks :flower:

I've been drinking about two cups a day lately too. but I try to keep them on the smaller side. I'd like to drink a whole pot some days :) I think I read about it on kellymom or Dr jack Newman website and decided this was ok for me. You can look up those pages yourself to be sure.

Caffeine doesn't affect all babies, and even then the recommended limit is about 700mg, which is a huge amount! Unless it affects your baby I'd not worry x

Advice in the UK is that most babies aren't affected by even very high levels of caffeine and it would take around 7 large cups of brewed coffee for even trace amounts to pass into milk xx

I have 2 every day, occasionally 3 if I'm really tired. It has no effect on my baby - I know this because I gave up caffeine for a few weeks as he was always a crap sleeper and I thought it might have been the caffeine... Well, it made no difference! His sleep habits stayed crappily the same. :lol:

Just have a coffee if you want it, as long as you don't go nuts and drink a litre of the stuff everything will be fine.

Shouldn't be an issue. I used to have my double shot macchiato after I'd fed him though, not before or during :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->