How much did/do you feed your 7 week old?

supersherwolf

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I know every baby is different but I'm just trying to get a general idea. My baby will be 7 weeks on Monday and has pretty bad reflux :nope: I give him 3 1/2 oz every 2-3 hours, but he definitely seems to want more. When I give him more though he seems to be spitting up, I'm not sure what to do? Any advice about the reflux, and how much I should give him would be appreciated lots! Thank you.

Sorry your baby has reflux. That can't be fun at all. I think my son has it, too, so we are mentioning it at his next appointment.

Do you feed on demand or on a schedule?

Just to answer how much he eats... He will be eight weeks on Wednesday, and he never takes more than four ounces at a time. Generally he eats between three and four ounces, but sometimes he will only take two. He never goes more than three hours between feeds. He also gets formula and breast milk.

Is it true that babies with reflux seem to want to eat more because it makes their stomach feel better? Maybe that's why your son seems to want more?

Sorry your baby has reflux. That can't be fun at all. I think my son has it, too, so we are mentioning it at his next appointment.

Do you feed on demand or on a schedule?

Just to answer how much he eats... He will be eight weeks on Wednesday, and he never takes more than four ounces at a time. Generally he eats between three and four ounces, but sometimes he will only take two. He never goes more than three hours between feeds. He also gets formula and breast milk.

Is it true that babies with reflux seem to want to eat more because it makes their stomach feel better? Maybe that's why your son seems to want more?

Thanks for the reply! I used to have him on a schedule, but since hes reflux has gotten worse I feed him on demand. I do think it makes his stomach feel better, because he'll be grunting and seem like he's in pain than feel better when I give him his formula.

Poor thing. My baby grunts a lot, too, especially at night. And he does the same thing where he seems to be hungry but then spits up if I give him more.

I hope someone can offer you helpful advice. :hugs:

My daughter has 6 oz every 4 hours. Id speak to your doctor or health visitor x

If he's putting on weight taking 3.5 oz then I cant see the problem. If he was hungry he'd just ask for his next feed sooner. The only way babies can deal with having eaten too much is by being sick, so if little and often suits his tummy then why not keep following his lead. Demand feeding is recommended because every baby is different and following their lead ensures they get what they need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->