How much do you get from pumping at 2 wks pp??

momof3bears

Reaction score
My son is 2 wks old today. This is my first time ever BF so I don really know what to expect. I have been pumping once or twice a day because I want to try him on a bottle in a couple wks. Anyways, I only get 1-2 ozs each time I pump. I thought by now I'd be getting more than that. I usually don't get anything out of left breast by pumping and the right one takes a while cause it only has 1 thin stream of milk coming out. It just flows alot slower I guess.

At that time I got 1/2 oz at most from each breast. Now I'm back to work and pump 5-6oz both breasts combined.

The best i got was 4oz. We were in hospital as phoebe had jaundice and poor weight gain. They had me expressing as well as bf, and they wanted me to aim for 50ml each time

At 2 weeks old your baby's stomach is still only as big as their fist so 1-2 oz is actually probably close to what you baby is eating .

However it's not usually recommended you start trying to pump until baby is 4-6 weeks old

I'm getting about 5-6 oz every time I pump...barely keeping up with the twins!

I was getting 4-5 ounces and it suddenly dropped to 2 ounces. Now I have to start pumping again after taking a few days off from bfing and I'm nervous there won't be anything left (though I am still leaking)

About 2 ounces i think:)

How much are you getting now? I'm just nervous that I won't be able to feed breast milk with a bottle much cause I won't have much stored. Don't know how I will go back to work if I can't get a good supply.

Between 2.5 - 5 oz each boob every time. Been having that since just before 2 weeks. However I've got preemie twins and I've been double pumping with a medela symphony every 2-3 hrs for 15-20 minutes at one time. The twins are too immature to be able to bf for too long, while yours probably just take what he needs so your supply is what your demand is.
Once your lo will demand more, your supply will increase.
Don't worry.

x

Between 2.5 - 5 oz each boob every time. Been having that since just before 2 weeks. However I've got preemie twins and I've been double pumping with a medela symphony every 2-3 hrs for 15-20 minutes at one time. The twins are too immature to be able to bf for too long, while yours probably just take what he needs so your supply is what your demand is.
Once your lo will demand more, your supply will increase.
Don't worry.

x
I sure hope so! I haven't been pumping but about once a day now cause I only get 1/2-1 oz each time lately

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->