How much do you spend on baby food weekly?

P

princess_vix

I'm spending around £20 on jars weekly,this includes dinners and puddings.
I save a bit of money now as i don't buy breakfasts as he has ready-break and weetabix.

But i just wish i'd get a move on and make food that i have but blended..like roast dinner and fish fingers and mash.

Also when can i start introducing cold lunches..atm he is having a jar but i'd like to introduce sandwiches,banana and yoghurt..but i'm worried he wont eat enough of it and worried when i can introduce it...is it better when he has at least one tooth?

hun those things will be fine to introduce now, you could try chopping the bananna up with his youhurt and feeding him that and letting him have a go at the sandwich himself, if hes doing it himself he might not get as much in and up his milk feed slightly but he would soon pick it up

as for pruee archie had a few before i started blw and all i did if we were having veggies and chicken id make extra and just blend and freze lots of meals, it works out so much cheaper hun xx

oh and teeth dont matter hu their gums are hard enough to manage pretty much any food

Thanks thats so helpful hun :D

save myself so much money :D

what can i put in the sandwiches? dairylea? cheese?

can i just ask where you buy your jars from, poundland is cheap for jars I think.

can i just ask where you buy your jars from, poundland is cheap for jars I think.

superdrug i buy loadsa different brands with different offers..my poundland only offers curries...and thats it :shrug:

x

Sofia doesn't have any teeth and she manages :) A lot of the foods just sucking on them gives them nutrients and they'll get the rest from their milk, but she does swallow quite a bit too - her poo has now got formed solid lumps (nice).

For sandwiches, cream cheese is good (though she likes to lick off the cheese and discard the bread) also I make my own homous which is really cheap and easy, can give you a recipe if you like. It can go in sandwich on it's own, or be mixed with grated carrot, or dipped with breadsticks.
This might sound odd but... the other day I microwaved a sweet potato then mashed the flesh with some tuna and a little natural yoghurt and it was really yummy and we both had it in our sandwiches!
Sofia loves chewing on chunks of cheese too, and vegetables (cucumber, roasted pepper, broccoli).
You can carry on with your purees and offer finger food too, and if you want to gradually drop the puree. Or you can offer finger foods and no puree, but you might have to up milk feeds for a bit if he's been used to getting the food.
We had roast beef on Sunday and she had the exact same meal as me. I just don't add salt to things, if I want it I add it afterwards. She loved the beef, potatos, green beans and mushrooms.
Oh, also rice or corn cakes or good as snacks, and cheap too.

Yeah you should be fine to go with a finger food type lunch hun, Brooke has sandwiches with dairylea, cream cheese, cheese on toast, sometimes she has chicken paste (but check the salt contents as pastes can be quite salty), eggy bread etc etc

Seriously pull your finger out of your butt and homecook and it wont even cost you £10 a week let alone £20!!

Yeah you should be fine to go with a finger food type lunch hun, Brooke has sandwiches with dairylea, cream cheese, cheese on toast, sometimes she has chicken paste (but check the salt contents as pastes can be quite salty), eggy bread etc etc

Seriously pull your finger out of your butt and homecook and it wont even cost you £10 a week let alone £20!!

I will pull my finger outta my butt!
Plus can ryan have tuna cos i love tuna!!! and then we could both have it!

cos i'm not exactly eating the healthiest i could do atm which probs isn't giving me motivation to get off my backside!!

By the way Holly i have PM'd you on f/b xx

I will pull my finger outta my butt!
Plus can ryan have tuna cos i love tuna!!! and then we could both have it!

cos i'm not exactly eating the healthiest i could do atm which probs isn't giving me motivation to get off my backside!!

By the way Holly i have PM'd you on f/b xx

Sofia has tuna, it should be in olive oil or water not brine (too salty).

I've found feeding Sofia has made me sort my diet out a bit, more than anything I was just eating the same things over and over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->