How much does it cost?

midget em

Reaction score
To me the most important part of giving birth is to do it in water. I'm happy to do this in hospital but it concerns me that if all the birth pools are being used I'll end up on a bed and I really don't want that.

This has lead me to start thinking about a home water birth. At first OH was a definate NO WAY but he seems to be coming round a bit now. I don't know much about it so we're going for a talk a week on wednesday to find out more.

Until then I just decided to have a little look at the price of hiring a pool. For the most part they were coming up at about £150 to hire one up to silly prices. I'm not sure we could afford that especially as it will be free if I go to hospital.

How much is a reasonable amount to pay for a pool and everything that goes with it? :shrug:
I'm in a bit of shock that it would cost so much for a HB. Maybe I'm just a bit nieve. :blush:

Thanks Ladies

The Leeds home birth group have free loan ones :winkwink: come along to the meeting as soon as you can to reserve one. You only need a liner for it £25 max. I know there's one out in April so you could really do to get to the next meeting this Sunday if poss to be in with a chance of getting it :)

If not they do come up on eBay pretty frequently for £60 ish and if you bought a full kit and la bassine pool from made in water for example, that would be a bit over £100 but you'd sell it second hand for £50/£60 so overall not a massive lay out :)

The Leeds home birth group have free loan ones :winkwink: come along to the meeting as soon as you can to reserve one. You only need a liner for it £25 max. I know there's one out in April so you could really do to get to the next meeting this Sunday if poss to be in with a chance of getting it :)

Wow thats great thank you. :thumbup:
Where and what time is the meeting? I'd love to come along and get some more info. I've sent a request to join the group on FB.
x

The meetings are 2nd Sunday of the month 10-12 at the Steiner Kindergarten in Leeds. It's in the headingley/Meanwood area. The person who runs the group is just at a birth today but she will add you later so you can get the full address. I'm hoping to be there to hear my client tell her Christmas day homebirth birth story in Sunday!

We got our from toys r us. Very comfy. Very cheap. I've used one twice and wouldn't bother with a custom built birth pool.

I got mine off eBay for £80, la bassine full kit and am saving it for when I next need it ( I'm determined to get full use of it lol) then sell it on hopefully. I got mine before I knew about the free hire otherwise I'd defonatly take up that opportunity :). Xx

For those who are in other parts of the UK, I agree with Mervs Mum, look up your local home birth group if there is one. The group down here in Dorset also does free birthing pool loans.

I just plan on using an inflatable baby pool, much cheaper and bigger than most of the birthing pools too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->