How much formula a day for 12m+

Saphira

Reaction score
How much formula on average is your 12m+ baby drinking per day?

My daughter dropped all but 1 bottle just days shy of a year old. The only bottle she takes is her morning one and she'll have anything between 100-170ml (around 3 - 5.5oz), although 170ml is rare. We're able to get more in her through wheat based baby cereals mixed with formula twice a day. So, I'd average 300-400ml (10 - 13.5oz) in a day plus a yogurt for extra diary. I can't fit more in as she also has fruit/veggies/sometimes meat. Her pediatrician is happy with this and she's right on average with growth and weight so I'm not concerned but this has been a big change for me considering how many bottles we used to make every day, just happened so suddenly. Never thought I'd see this day come! Still can't really get her to drink from any sort of cup so she doesn't have much water but I offer it after every meal.

So, long story short, just curious about other experiences really! :)

Mine is on cow's milk now, but she drinks 12-15 oz a day. At 11.5 months she was on formula, 17-20 oz a day.

My DS is on cows milk to, he has 2 bottles a day both between 5-6oz but has cows milk on his cereal and yoghurts etc as well during the day!

Thanks for the replies! I'm curious, is there an advantage to switching to cow's milk or it doesn't really matter?

from what I understand now they are weaned they get all their nutrients via food so dont need the extra from formula. x

Yeah at 12 months he had 2 7oz bottles of cows milk, one in the morning and one before bed. There is no right or wrong though at that age it is however much they want. As others have said you don't have to give formula after 12 months if you don't want to, cows milk is fine. You can get cheap vitamin drops or syrup to give if you are worried about nutrition. Also its great to just be able to get the milk out of the fridge - no preparation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->