How much formula does your four month old have at each feed?

Vee_Bee

Proud mum of two boys :-)
Reaction score
My DS usually will only have between 90-120ml each time, and even that is a struggle!

The exception is his 6-7pm feed where he has around 210 or more!

He dribbles like you wouldn't believe so he must have teeth on the move.

DS1 is only 20 months but u can't remember what happened with his feeds. Duh!

It varies but she normally has 180ml during the day, but her night feed she has 240ml, not sure why she is hungrier during the night either! Is he gaining weight ok?

My son eats about 4 oz at a time..and I wish he's eat bigger portions less often! (4 ounces is just under 120mL, I googled it!)
During the night he might only eat 1-3 ounces which drives me crazy!

My girl has 5 or 6oz (around 170mls i think) per feed and has around 6 feeds per day. Sometimes she will only have 2 or 3oz and has the rest a bit later.

When LO was four months she was drinking about 3-4 oz every feed.

Lily-mae is nearly 5months but from 4 months up ontil now she was having 6 oz and 4bottles in 24hours and two small feeds.

Thanks for all your answers!

Wow - it really seems like every baby is different yet they are all still healthy and happy!

I haven't had DS weighed since he was 10 weeks old (I've only just realised its been that long! Eeek!) but he is a chubby little thing who happily squawks and squeals away all day so I think he is fine :thumbup:

I reckon it must just be teething at the moment as he chomps away fiercely on his hand all day and has stopped sleeping through the night :cry:

I guess I'll just trust him to take what he needs and let him get on with it. I keep offering him the bottle for a while to make sure he hasn't changed his mind so I know it's not that he just needs a break.

Sigh...

at that age mine was only taking between 3-4 oz a time like every 2 hours or less!

My LO has 6 bottles a day. One is 4 oz the rest are between 5-6oz. She eats every 4 hours and a total of 31 oz a day.

5-6ozs 5 times a day (sometimes she wakes for a feed at night)

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->