how much milk for 1 year old?

xolynn

Mom to Isaac Robert <3
Reaction score
I feel like my DS is getting too much cows milk and getting full from it and not really filling up on solids.. He has 28oz daily(4 bottles, 2 eight ounces and 2 six ounces) still and has actually been drinking the whole bottles now that hes switched to cows milk. When he was still on formula hed leave a few ounces in each bottle....should I be trying to cut him back to less or just let him lead?? Confused....

breakfast: jar of 2nd food gerber baby fruit mixed with whole wheat gerber baby cereal, dry cereal puffs(usually kix), sometimes a regular fruit like a banana too, if im having a greek yogurt he will usually have some of that too
lunch: usually either half of whatever i'm having(like a sandwich or etc) or a jar of meat/veggies 3rd baby food(usually will eat half of it), gerber cheese puffs or veggie puffs
dinner: 3rd food jar baby food(meat & veg, normally wont finish whole jar) with more puffs or kix cereal

My son is same age as yours. I believe they "need" about 300 ml of milk a day. My first stopped drinking milk when he was weaned so didn't get anywhere near this and is a happy healthy 3 yr old.
My second who turned 1 last month has 2 bottles of 7oz a day... Bedtime and early morning. Occasionally he will have a late morning bottle if he is super tired bit won't go off as it sends him off to sleep but this is only like once a week maximum. He is a big eater and I give him snacks if he seems hungry and he always has his water available.
It does sound like alot of milk but he is only just one. Perhaps trying reducing it a little and offering snacks instead. That said I'm a big believer in doing what is right for your baby not what the textbook says.... So if you feel happy with the food milk balance then carry on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->