how much rice???

momandpeanut

Reaction score
Ok so this might sound abit daft but i have been giving Logan some baby rice for the last couple of days and it says to start him on a teaspoon a day but is that of rice or when its made up with the milk ??

please help i feel a bit silly for not knowing :blush:

tbh, IMO, it doesn't really matter how much you make up he's only gonna eat as much as he wants. My daughter took much more than a teaspoon on her first feeds and it did her no harm. When she's full she'll start whinging or just keep her mouth closed. Good luck!

yeh i just made up however much i poured into the bowl lol and she would just have what she wanted. as long as he is not eating absolutely loads and loads of it he will be fine.

I use 2 weaning spoons of rice, so thats probably the same as 1 teaspoon, then add milk.

Brooke usually eats 3/4 of that ..

I was sticking to the 1 spoon 10 milk, but then i read that you could mix it to your own consistency. So going on that i have just been making up a small amount, i really couldn't say how much actually goes down as by the time she's finished it's everywhere! Yesterday she kept turning her head away towards the end so i guess she's had enough.
But i would just make up one spoon full then add milk and whatever he eats he eats.
Reading that back i'm not sure if i've helped because i think i've confused myself!!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->