how much shud my 6wk old be having?

Sabbie

Reaction score
He is on sma stage 1 with gaviscon. During the day hes having 5-6oz every 2.5-3 hrs and 5oz every 4hrs during the night. Is this too much? Im making him scream for his food to know hes actually hungry. But seriously i cant believe how much hes having. Is it normal? X

If he's not spitting up shortly after every feeding, then it's not too much. They self regulate really well and they'll spit up any "over flow" lol if they've taken too much due to just continuing to eat for suckle comfort. What he's taking is within the range of typical.

Thank god for that its just it feels like im constantly making bottles. Hes just gone 2hrs and hungry again he aint bringing it up only the usual little spit up with wind. I thort maybe a growth spurt. But wow he is eating for england

My LO can only manage 3-4oz every 3 hours and she's 3 months but she's not a big eater.

So long as he's not bringing loads back up and doesn't seem uncomfortable, I'd say he's fine. Just has a big appetite! :)

Evelyn is also 6weeks, she has 4oz every 2hrs and will sometimes ask for it sooner I do find she's going longer at night becuse she's having so much in the day. I was worried she was having to much to but HV said as long as she's not being sick it's fine, I just hoping she will take more n go longer soon becuse by the time iv fed her n got ready to go out she wants feeding again! Xx

People say it might be a growth spurt but i think hes just a big hungry bubba at 6wks hes 11lb. He wasnt having as much wen he was on c&g comfort or aptimil comfort but i think thats cos its thicker formula. Now bk on sma 1 its alot more liquidy so prob needs more to satisfy him. He spits the usual amount up with wind so all is good i think. Now to get rid of this silly cold he has bless him :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->