How much sleep?

embojet

Molly and Ethan's Mummy
Reaction score
Molly still sleeps quite alot which Im definately not complaining about!:wacko:. I just wondered if that was normal at her age. She is 8 months old (anout 5.5 months corrected). She sleeps about 11-12 hours at night. In the mornings she has 3 45 min naps (cant get her to have one long one), and a 2.5 hour nap in the afternoon. Thats about 17 hours I think. :shrug:

Wow what a GOOD little sleeper!!

Lakai is 6.5 months or 10 actual, he sleep roughly from 7-8pm to 7am, then he will nap again usually twice sometimes three times for about 30 mins to 2 hours sometimes. Lately though his naps are getting shorter and less of them.

I believe when he was Molly's age though he slept a lot more. I would say a little less than she does.

Our doctors all felt it was a normal amount. What do your doctors feel/say about it?

well done you for having such a good sleeper!

Brooke is 7 months but 5.5 corrected (i think?!)-she sleeps from 7pm until around 2am when she wakes for milk, then from 2-6am when she gets up :wacko:

She has 2 or 3 power naps a day, generally anything between 20-30 mins.

she is like a little duracell bunny-she wears me out!!!

So, whats your secret? :flower: :hugs:

Obviously Rose is a lot younger, but this is a question i have asked already as she sleeps all the time apart from her frequent feeding and maybe 2 hours a day when she is awake.

how come i still dont have any time!:shrug:

have been told its the norm as she is catching up on her growing but not sure how long it lasts for. x

ps she still only sleeps for 2 hours at a time on a night though!

Wow what a GOOD little sleeper!!

Our doctors all felt it was a normal amount. What do your doctors feel/say about it?

I havent asked yet but she has an appointment at the end of the month so I will check then. I'm so lucky that she is such a good sleeper! I guess she just has a lot of catching up to do. She doesnt even have a bottle before bed. She refuses it almost every night. (I often sneak it into her mouth and she drinks it asleep but it doesnt always work!)She has one at 2pm and her dinner at around 5pm and then nothing until the next morning:dohh:

I bet she's doing just fine. I mean we as adults have different sleep requirements. Lakai slept a TON when he first came home. And has slowly changed up his routine.

Honestly? I think they are so bloody tired from the sounds, dinging, buzzing, humming, talking, crying, alarming, and everything else in the NICU that once they get use to the calmness of home...they sleep for ever! I can't blame them!!

Abby is 20 weeks (9 corrected) and sleeps from about 10pm til 5am then from 6 til about 11am. She'll then have two or three 2/3 hour sleeps in the day. I get heaps done.....

(except I don't because here I am wasting time away!!! Which I think is the answer to grumpymoo's question!!)

Honestly? I think they are so bloody tired from the sounds, dinging, buzzing, humming, talking, crying, alarming, and everything else in the NICU that once they get use to the calmness of home...they sleep for ever! I can't blame them!!
And the bonus is, because of that, I can set the hoover running and she doesn't bat an eyelid!

I think we all had this conversation a few months ago as well didn't we - well Mikayla is stil the same as Molly! Sleeps all the flippin tme!

Goes to bed at 6:30pm and sleeps straight through til 7am. Then goes back to sleep at 9am for 45 mins. At 11:30 another 45 mins and in the afternoom will have a long 2 hour sleep!

t's FABBB!!! :happydance: ha ha! coz when she's awake she's so happy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->