How much spending money for a week in Cornwall?

highhopes19

Reaction score
Hi all :flower:

As the title says really :D

Me, Isabelle and Tom are off to Newquay for a week from 9th June staying in a really lovely caravan so self catering, I'd rather not cook.... Well atleast not every night lol

How much money would you take to go places, eating out etc??

:flower:

I'd take at the least £100 a day, it depends what sort of things you want to do but it's all tourist trap kindof places where you end up spending a fortune, by the time you've had a basic lunch in a cafe somewhere it can be £20-30 somedays you'd spend less if you did something free like the beach etc, so it would balance out on the days you spent abit more, I'd definitely start with about £100 a day and then Whatever extra I could afford on top x

We did it on less that that but it depends on what you want to do really. We spent most of our time on the beach or looking around little towns nearby as the attractions can be quite expensive.

You can easily spend £6/7 a meal in the little cafes and eating out at night we probably spent between £10 and £20 a meal. We often just got a nice pasty or sandwich and sat on the beach though. There's a walkabout and a wetherspoons so you can get cheap meals there.

I think we probably spent £200/300 in the week, I'd price up any attractions you want to go to then budget about £50 a day for eating out and drinks. Though you probably won't spend that if you buy sandwiches etc in the daytime.

If i were going abroad i normally take 100£ a day but staying in UK is take about £300/350 x

I'd say around £70 a day, we're going to newquay too this year, in july though, we usually spend around £70 per day but it does differ.

On days where we've been at the beach and then go back to the caravan to eat it works out fairly cheap whereas if we've been at an attraction for a day it can add up in price. Plus if you're likely to go out in the evenings or if the caravan site has a clubhouse make sure you add things like drinks/food you may have to your amount total xx

Thankyou :flower:

So far we've put £500 by and also get paid 2 days before we go, so fingers crossed we'll have plenty:thumbup:.

I'd just hate to have not enough, I'd rather go and come back with some than go and run out iykwim

Hoping to eat out most days as don't like cooking on holiday :blush:.... We're staying in a caravan on a holiday park so will go to the clubhouse in the evening for a little while but wont be really late as obviously getting Isabelle to bed.

So far we've got the aquariam, newquay zoo and obviously the beach :blush: not sure what else lol
Thanks again :flower:

I'd say around £70 a day, we're going to newquay too this year, in july though, we usually spend around £70 per day but it does differ.

On days where we've been at the beach and then go back to the caravan to eat it works out fairly cheap whereas if we've been at an attraction for a day it can add up in price. Plus if you're likely to go out in the evenings or if the caravan site has a clubhouse make sure you add things like drinks/food you may have to your amount total xx

Hope you have a lovely time!

The beaches in Cornwall are beautiful! Fingers crossed the weather willbe nice as thats what I'm looking forward to most :happydance:

So far we've put £500 by and also get paid 2 days before we go, so fingers crossed we'll have plenty:thumbup:.

I'd just hate to have not enough, I'd rather go and come back with some than go and run out iykwim

Hoping to eat out most days as don't like cooking on holiday :blush:.... We're staying in a caravan on a holiday park so will go to the clubhouse in the evening for a little while but wont be really late as obviously getting Isabelle to bed.

So far we've got the aquariam, newquay zoo and obviously the beach :blush: not sure what else lol

Yeah we've got those attractions planned too! We're stopping at the park dean there, don't think its to far away from the zoo. Have a great time hun :flower:xx

Yeah we've got those attractions planned too! We're stopping at the park dean there, don't think its to far away from the zoo. Have a great time hun :flower:xx

Weve stayed at park dean holiday sites quite a few times and all ways have a great time, last time we stayed at mullion park dean with a big group of family and friends around 20 of us! Had such a great holiday... Immsure you'll have a fab time :flower:

How about you make sandwiches in the morning to take with you and buy a cooked meal on the night?

Also, the owl sanctuary is lovely to visit.

How about you make sandwiches in the morning to take with you and buy a cooked meal on the night?

Also, the owl sanctuary is lovely to visit.

That's a good idea much cheaper than eating out 3 times a day, have breakie at caravan, lunch made and take with us, perhaps a nice picnic :happydance:

And then go somewhere nice for dinner in the evenings sound like a plan :thumbup:.

Oooooo I've never visited the owl Sanctuary off to have a browse now Thankyou :flower:.

We visited the seal sanctuary last time and I got bored might be because my back was killing me and the train to get down to the seal pools was broke so we had to walk.... Oh was scraping me off the floor towards the end :haha:

Xx

https://www.screechowlsanctuary.co.uk/

This is it, when we went they brought round a baby owl for you to see and they do some displays with the birds flying. There are other animals there and a big duck/fish pond as well as hundreds of owls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->