• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much would you pay for......

shirlls

Reaction score
.....wedding favours per person? By that, I mean decorative bags filled with either chocolate hearts wrapped in foil the colour of wedding theme, tablet, shortbread, retro candy, etc.

I am starting to sell wedding favours from home soon and wondered how much is fair to pay for this type of thing? What would you consider a good price?

If it is relevant, I am in the UK.

Honestly I don't know if I would. I mean, it's a very simple favour and it'd be cheaper to do it myself. If you were designing small bags/boxes to put them in then that'd be slightly different. Still not my sort of thing but I expect the going rate would be about £2 per box or £1 per bag. Check out similar things at www.notonthehighstreet.com and see how much they go for to get an idea.

I wouldn't buy them either. A lot of people now want different favours such as lotto tickets etc, and they only cost £1 each. You would be better off checking ebay/wedding sites or like emy says not on the high street to see how much they are selling for. If I were having sweets, I would do them myself, as it would work out cheaper xx

Thanks x

I should have mentioned, I will be decorating the boxes with diamantes and artificial flowers, etc to make them unique and my unique selling points would also include that as a lot of favour boxes are delivered not yet assembled, I sell them all put together and filled for roughly the same price it would cost people to buy them empty and non-decorated. I have access to sweets and confectionery wholesale and cheap so it would still be cost effective for me. Also some of the fillings will be home made like tablet, shortbread, fudge, etc, so that as well as being cost effective, is another selling point.

thanks or your advice, I can totally see what you both mean about a lot of people just wanting to do it themselves.

x

I think you would have the most success if you do a range of prices.

A cheep DIY kit for 50p/£1 a person

Ones with your chocolate hearts for slightly more, £1.50?

Ones with Retro sweets £2.

And then your home made fillings as the top of the range.

Yea I agree with Lozzy with doing a range of prices! Different things I could deffo pay more for like the fudge/shortbread etc!

I think it's a great idea for people who don't want to DIY and don't have the time :)

I also agree with Lozzy. Have a range that appeals to varying budgets :thumbup: And maybe offer the favour boxes empty too so that those people who do want to fill them themselves are still within your target group

As for price, I have no idea. Depends on the size and style and what's "in" at the time and how personal you can make the favour boxes. For filled personalised favours I'd expect to pay between £2-£4pp :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->