How often do you breastfeed?

Izzie74

Reaction score
Baby is now eleven days old. She was on formula top ups in hospital but is now off these. I was expressing milk too, but since last night she has been exclusively on the breast. My question is how often does your lo feed? She has had 8 feeds in the last 12 hours ranging from 12-30 minutes each. When I expressed she got 90mls at one sitting and seemed content for longer. Now I just don't know if she is getting enough.v any ideas/advice?

I remember at that age Logan seemed to be constantly eating if he wasn't asleep. Babies nurse a lot in the beginning to help build up your supply and also because their tiny tummies dont need a lot of food.
As long as she's having plenty of wet and dirty nappies and is gaining weight then she'll be getting enough. She will let you know if she isn't:flower:

My LO ate every 2 hours, day or night in those first few weeks. Now at 2 months, he eats every 2-3 hours during the day and 3-4 at night. Doesn't SSTN yet, but I hope he does soon.

My first was literally nursing constantly at that age-- maybe he would have a half hour where he wasn't on the boob. My second at 11 days was nursing at least every 2 hours, usually more often. When they're getting milk from somewhere other than the breast, an 11 day old doesn't know how to stop or slow the flow down for themselves-- they'll just keep drinking and drinking until they've eaten too much if you're not very careful about it. Being content for longer really doesn't mean much-- diaper output is the best way to gauge whether they're getting sufficient milk.
https://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/enough-milk/

Seems like all ok here then. Regular feeding, some closer than others, but plenty of dirty nappies. Spoken to several people and all seems normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->