How often do you change dummies?

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
Just wondering how often you change your LO's dummies/paci's for a new one's, like you would new teats on bottles x

the dummies i bought were for 0-3 so i will change after that...check the age on your ones....

It depends on how many I've got. For 3-6 months I had 6 of them so only recently changed them.

ours dont last long mainly because she has such a strong suck and wears them out or chews a massive hole in them!:dohh:

lol normally change them as soon as he llooses them throws them out the pram and stuff normally within a week or so of me buying it :dohh:

I guess those little clippy things don't work at his age??

Used to change teats/dummies every 1-3 months if I remember correctly. As Bethanie doesn't have her dummy much now, it's more like every 3 months.

your surposed change dummies once a month , jack has the mam ones & thats what i read on the packaging . xx

I have so many, I havent changed them yet... I thought I read that you change them if they get cracked or whatever...?

nope get pulled off in seconds and thats once youve managed to get it clipped onto them lol :rofl: but im quite lucky now doesnt loose as many as he only uses them for sleeping just if were out and he wales up thinks oh im awake bye bye dummy and throws it out the pram :dohh:

oh damn i have never thought about this... shes had the same ones for almost 6 months now!! im sure they are 0-6 though...but should i not still be using them...??

oh damn i have never thought about this... shes had the same ones for almost 6 months now!! im sure they are 0-6 though...but should i not still be using them...??

i think its up to you honey, i normally change them when they seemed damaged but we have so many i never no when :blush:

nope get pulled off in seconds and thats once youve managed to get it clipped onto them lol :rofl: but im quite lucky now doesnt loose as many as he only uses them for sleeping just if were out and he wales up thinks oh im awake bye bye dummy and throws it out the pram :dohh:

:rofl::rofl:

thats so sweet little lady- maddi uses her dummy and clip to hit her toys with, especially the ones that make noise :dohh: x

I was told to change dummies pretty often, every 4 weeks or so. Not that I do this but I do try to change them every couple of months. We usually have at least 4 on hand because Hannah likes to throw them/drop them etc. so none of them are used that often

i read we should replace them every 3 months. i'm just "upgrading" to 6 months + ones now so i guess i'll hrow his old ones out. I suppose now he ahs teeth i should be more vigilent.

I read on a pack of dummy's to replace monthly (?) or when damaged or worn.
Weve been rotating 4 dummys so have just replaced them.

i read we should replace them every 3 months. i'm just "upgrading" to 6 months + ones now so i guess i'll hrow his old ones out. I suppose now he ahs teeth i should be more vigilent.

oh yes, us too, maddi has just got teeth, good point honey, thanks x

Thanks to this thread ive just changed Brookes dummys and theyre working a treat!!

She had some newborn ones and the teat bit was really flat and sometimes she struggled with it and didnt seem that content so ive just given her a cherry one and she's much better!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->