How often do you give baths ?

Miss Magic

Reaction score
So I don't know if it's good but I have been bathing my daughter once ever 1-2 weeks, am I bathing her too little ? I always keep her face clean and use baby wet wipes to wipe her hands and feet and we always make sure her diaper area is clean! But now a friend told me that she should be bathed every 2nd day ! How often are you giving your little bundle baths?

I bath my little girl twice a week unless she throws up everywhere or has a poomergency. My health visitor advised to bath her once or twice a week but also said that every day is ok if your baby enjoys it. I think if their skin is ok and they are clean I don't think it matters

For the first several weeks only 2-3 times a week unless she needed one. At 5 weeks I started doing it more frequently as part of her night routine, although I didn't always use soap (she just loves being in water).

From 2 weeks old, I've bathed her everyday at 7/8 pm to get her into a routine! Does wonders for her sleep! At 3.5 weeks she's just slept from 11:30 til 6:30, and she usually goes from 12 til 5/6!

From 2 weeks old, I've bathed her everyday at 7/8 pm to get her into a routine! Does wonders for her sleep! At 3.5 weeks she's just slept from 11:30 til 6:30, and she usually goes from 12 til 5/6!

I didn't know that you could start them on a routine so young ... Thank you ! I'm going to give this a try !

I didn't know that you could start them on a routine so young ... Thank you ! I'm going to give this a try !

Don't get me wrong, she isn't fully into a routine but I think she knows day and night now because she is happy sleep from about 9pm til about 11am, obvs waking up for feeds and then is awake a large portion of the day!
Plus she loves the bath, if she hated it I would think twice about doing it everyday so young but she absolutely loves it!

We bath everyday as it's part of our routine and have done since about 3 weeks old. He loves the bath and cries when I take him out sometimes

We do twice as week, as most of the time she falls asleep about 9pm without a bath, so we do bath right after our dinner meal, she can play for a bit and then she lets us know she is sleepy :flower:

We were going to introduce a bath as part of a bedtime routine but she loves the bath so much she gets really excited and hyper, so we tend to bathe her in the mornings instead :haha:

We usually do every other day unless she has a sick/poop explosion, or we're going somewhere special, when she will have an extra bath. Occasionally we miss a day if she's sleepy or we're really busy and she doesn't really need one.

In between, we wipe her face, neck, and feet morning and night, hands all the time since they're permanently in her mouth, and nappy area at each change.

I am not someone who thinks baths are super important, a couple of times a week seems pretty standard in terms of 'could do with a clean' hehe and I just mean with water, not any soap.
But my girl loves baths so much and goes all relaxed in them (she comes in with me) so we do it every evening before bed and she goes to bed all clean and in fresh babygrow and it seems to make her very comfy.

I'm sure you keep baby very clean with wiping, for me I just find water so much easier to get rid of the bits of fluff etc in the creases! :haha:

Right now out temp outside is below zero and we have two woodstoves, so it's very dry. We were told not to bathe daily because it would dry her out. We have done weekly cause it's a huge production, I haven't done one alone with her yet even and she's 6 weeks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->