How often do you ladies use your Doppler?

allisonmh

Reaction score
Am I the only one that wants to use it everyday? Lol. I just love hearing that heartbeat!!!

I use it everyday. 2 minutes in the morning 2 minutes at night. I go crazy if I struggle to find the heartbeat. Its hard not to obsess after miscarriages.

I use once everyday, just till I hear the hb and get a count. I think it's totally natural to want the reassurance, especially after losses. Once I can feel movement I don't think I'll feel the need to use it daily anymore.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! It's just so relieving to hear that little heartbeat! <3

At least once a day just for reassurance. I teared up when I first found the heartbeat. It's difficult to count bpm with mine as it's angel sounds and has no display
The heart beats so fast keep having to start again! Love my Doppler!

I was using mine every couple of days until a couple of days ago because I fell down the stairs so now I use it 3-4 times a day because I frightened myself so much. That little heartbeat is just so reassuring and beautiful!

I used mine nearly every day once at night early on. I think once I hit the 2nd trimester I only listened maybe two or three times a week. Now I don't listen at all, mostly because she moves a lot and my doppler isn't the best so there's a lot of sounds going on in there.

I used it every day with my last pregnancy from around 13 weeks until 19 weeks when I could then feel baby's movements it's a reassurance thing especially after having recurrent mc's. I've been trying to find baby's hb with this pregnancy but haven't been able to pick it up just yet but I've had scans already that showed baby's hb but maybe it's just still early yet to hear on Doppler I'm 8+2 today my next scan isn't for another fortnight I'm hoping I pick it up before then.

When did you ladies start using the Doppler and find a heartbeat?

When did you ladies start using the Doppler and find a heartbeat?

Found mine at 10+3, started trying at 8+6. Some people find it super early, some later. I think between 10 and 12 weeks is a good time to start looking!

I didn't find the heartbeat until around 10 weeks.

So maybe tmi, but has anyone had trouble finding the heartbeat when you're a little "backed up?" I haven't been able to go for 3-4 days and all I hear on the Doppler is movement and wooshing noises. I'm thinking my bowels are just hiding the baby...?

I didn't find the heartbeat until around 10 weeks.

So maybe tmi, but has anyone had trouble finding the heartbeat when you're a little "backed up?" I haven't been able to go for 3-4 days and all I hear on the Doppler is movement and wooshing noises. I'm thinking my bowels are just hiding the baby...?

It's possible! I know a lot of people say they have an easier time with a full bladder, but I always had to do it with an empty bladder. I would assume it would be that way too!

I've always had an empty bladder too. I have a dr appt tomorrow so hopefully she can shed some light on the situation. Lol

Tried again this morning at 8+3 and about 15 mins into it I finally found it! Yay! Ranging 178-183dpm nice strong galloping sound but the slightest movement I would lose it so I had to try and keep the probe very still! I'm super happy now

Every day :) I'm sure once baby is bigger and I start feeling regular movements I'll stop using it as much, but right now it makes me happy knowing s/he is snuggled up tight in there. Plus my girls like listening to the HB, too!

Once, sometimes twice (if I'm having a wobbler day, as cant really feel it yet) a day! :)

Yes!! I was badly constipated for a couple of days and couldn't find the heartbeat. I usually find it straight away!! And I always have an empty bladder, I found it too uncomfortable to press down on a full bladder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->