How often do you use your doppler?

Ziggie

Reaction score
Since I received mine I've only used it once (and found a HB :happydance: ).

I felt a bit guilty blasting the poor little thing lol, so decided to try not to do it every day, perhaps once a week or something. I only felt like this as at a scan I had the lady let me listen to the heartbeat (as I was finding it hard to see the flicker on the small screen) and she said she only let me hear as I couldn't see, and because it's all still developing she didn't want to do it for long (just a couple of seconds).

How often do people use theirs???

I wish I had one to use :cry:.

Mine was an impulse buy after a bad week!!!

I use mine every night before bed for a few mins. I did with my daughter too and she is fine xx

Yesterday I read a lot of things about the use of the doppler, and even though some people swear it can have terrible side effects, there's no prove to back that up, and most people our generation (getting pregnant now) use it and their kids are fine. Someone argued that that didn't mean anything, and that sometimes people only see effects later in life, and that now research is not conclusive regarding the use of mobile phones and the occurrence of cancer (as an example). And I thought to myself... I've heard about the fear that using mobile phones can increase the odds of cancer, but I don't go on in my life thinking I'll get cancer every time I pick up my phone, and honestly I don't use it that much, just for the basic things (not because I'm afraid, just because I don't feel like using it more). So if that doesn't bother me, I won't be bothered with the doppler use, but I won't use it everyday since there's no need to do it. I'll probably use it once or twice a week.

Ultrasound waves are much different than the "sonar" a doppler uses. My doctor said it was perfectly fine. I use mine every day. It's my peace of mind between appointments. Use it as much or as little as you feel comfortable with ♡

I got my doppler at 10 weeks and I used it pretty much every day until 13ish weeks although only for about 30seconds at a time once I found the heartbeat. During that time I knew exactly where baby was and found it almost instantly every time. Now baby is bigger and wiggles round more (and I have seen in a 16 week scan he is hiding behind my placenta) I only use it maybe twice a week just when I want to hear him but I struggle to find him nowadays.

But my midwife said there was no risk in using the doppler too much apart from in worrying the mother if you suddenly can't find the heartbeat.

I've only had mine for 3day and I've used it every day but I think it's only cause its new.

The only warning my midwife gave me is that it could cause worry if I don't find the heartbeat and that there's just not enough studies done on long term effects. But she said just to use my best judgement.

DH and I agreed once a week would be okay, although I may sneak an extra day here in there if I'm feeling gloomy.

I used mine every few days starting week 9 until I started feeling him around 17 weeks.

I use it briefly everyday. Kinda like a good morning and good night type thing :flower:

I'm a horrible worrier anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->