How often do you wear your baby? (newborn question)

aliss

Reaction score
I finally got my sling figured out today.

How often/long would you wear your newborn baby???

I need to wear him about 3-4x for short dog walks (5 min) as well as our longer dog walks (30-40 min/2x).

Do you just wear all day long???

**He always sleeps in this sling. Is this going to ruin his night sleeping??? This is our first night...

Glad you asked this as i'd really like to know this too.x

I've been wearing P since he was 1 day old, firstly in a home made moby, then a proper one, and by 4 or 5 wks he was in a babyhawk as well. We never had a pram so he was worn everytime I left the house, for however long that may have been, some days it was 30mins, other days it was 4 or 5 hrs. Some nights when he was younger when he wouldn't sleep I even slept propped up on the couch with him strapped in the moby on my chest and he'd sleep for 4-5hrs.
Its very common for them to spend the majority of the time asleep when they're in the sling, they're warm, cosy and close to your heartbeat and breathing, the safest place they know. P used to sleep for HOURS and it never messed up his night times, remember, sleep creates sleep and those that nap well int he day often sleep better of a night as they're not getting overtired from having not napped.

Now as he's older he stays awake longer when he's being worn, and is quiet often looking around for ages, often not falling asleep for a good hour after being put in the sling.

I've had a very similar experience to Kota, except that we've got 2 prams that just don't see any use unless someone else is taking Gabriella out!

From 3 weeks Gabriella was in a Moby pretty much all day long, she didn't like going into it until that age, but with hindsight I think she'd have loved it if I'd given her more than 30 seconds to get used to it! :blush: She had been worn in a ring sling for short periods from birth, and I got 2 mei tais at 6 weeks and we're both loving them!

Gabriella also sleeps much better if she has been worn during the day because she doesn't fight her sleep in the moby or mei tai the way she does if she's just laying around... If she's being held but not worn she'll nap for 10 minutes at a time, but if she's being worn it can be 3 hours!

Thanks everyone :)

Yes, I think sleep creates sleep :) He slept pretty good last night, I wore him from 6-9pm (I bought it at 6!) and had his best sleep ever. Every 2.5-3hrs only :haha: That's an improvement!!!!

Yep, don't be afraid you'll wear him too much! I wore Imi loads when she was tiny - i started when i got home from hospital at about 3 weeks ish although only for short times to start due to my section :)

My son was already a couple months old when i got my ring sling but he has slept much better since. sometimes its the only way i can get housework done, since i have 4 kids and babysit my two nephews. I wish i would have had it with all mine, but grateful to have it now. Was the best purchase i ever made and i dont think they can be in it too much. I co-sleep with mine for the first year or two so they sleep really good at night from early on. :thumbup:

Everyday since she was 3 days old :D I do everything with her strapped to me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->