• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How old was your baby when they didn't want a mid morning feed?

charlie15

Reaction score
My LO is 9 and a half months and is generally having 4 milk feeds a day. The morning, night ad afternoon feeds are all very much wanted but I a, starting to wonder if she doesn't want the mid morning boob now. She has either a little, or just one boob, not both. Part of me thinks it could be developmental as all she wants to do is crawl and stand all the time, so boobie is pretty boring for her! But I was just curious at what ages other people have dropped from 4 to 3 feeds as it may just be that she will soon refuse the boob then :shrug:

I too am wondering that. My Lo feeds are similar to yours although even his other feeds are only 5 minutes long (has been since he was 4 months old) but now he is popping off and on and having a few sucks then off again. My HV seemed to suggest by about 10/11 months old they might only be on 2 -3 feeds per day (first thing, afternoon and bedtime) so it would seem about right. Like you though he is so nosey I wonder if it is partly down to that that he won't feed properly.

We're hit & miss with this one, but he can go fine without it when we're out of the house (distraction), so I think 9.5 months sounds about right!

My boy was born the same day as yours! :)

We're hit & miss with this one, but he can go fine without it when we're out of the house (distraction), so I think 9.5 months sounds about right!

My boy was born the same day as yours! :)

Ah birthday buddies :)

I know when out my LO needs to be famished to have boob now :dohh:

I too am wondering that. My Lo feeds are similar to yours although even his other feeds are only 5 minutes long (has been since he was 4 months old) but now he is popping off and on and having a few sucks then off again. My HV seemed to suggest by about 10/11 months old they might only be on 2 -3 feeds per day (first thing, afternoon and bedtime) so it would seem about right. Like you though he is so nosey I wonder if it is partly down to that that he won't feed properly.

So it would make sense that she may drop that feed soon then. Sophia's other feeds are quick too, she's become a very efficient feeder, too boring for these busy babies!

I stopped offering it at 10 months and she wasn't bothered - she hadn't demanded it for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->