How old were your little people when they stayed dry throughout the night?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
How old was your LO when they started wearing knickers throughout the night rather than nappies/pull ups? Did you train them? If so how? When did you know it was time? How do i know when? is there a right age?

Any advice appreciated! Thanks! x

Madeleine was three, going on four when she did it. I didn't do anything, she just did it naturally. After a week of dry nappies, I just didn't put nappies on her anymore and she's never had an accident.

My son was 2 years and 6 months. He'd been dry during the day for a few weeks and then started going through the night all by himself.

So do i just wait until he shows signs? What is the average age when children stop going at night? Any idea anyone? Its gone from a poo in the morning in his nappy to just a wee...which i guess is a good sign? x

yeah you just have to wait until he shows signs (not wetting his nappy). Don't worry, I have friends with children Madeleine's age who still aren't dry at night, or have only just started being dry at night.

and yep, it's a good sign he's not pooing his nappy, that's a start and it shows he has *some* control while he's sleeping.

I thought Madeleine would never do it but suddenly out of nowhere she just stopped wetting her nappies.

My eldest was 5-6 years old before he was dry during the night and my youngest was 23 months. We didnt do anything with our youngest, just waited until he was dry for a full week then put him in pants. Our eldest was really bad he was always soaked through every night and sometimes we would have to change his bed 2-3 times a night, we took him to a bed wetting clinic and they put him some medication, which he took for 4 weeks, he was dry through the night after 3 weeks and never had another accident, he is now 14 :)

My son was dry at night just before he turned 3. I think it is very random though, and think it is best to wait til he starts being dry at night himself. I agree that it's a great sign he's not soiling it in the morning any more :thumbup:

My son is nearly 4 1/2 and still not dry at night. Every morning he wakes up with a totally soaking nappy so i know he's not ready yet.

Dd was just turned 2, she still has the odd accident like once a month though

My eldest daughter was just over 4 1/2 before she was dry at night and hasnt had an accident at all...........she drinks for England and always woke up soaking wet, i tried her with knickers at night at age 3 but she would wet the bed and sleep through it and wake up damp and sore so i left her until she became dry herself.......... you can restrict drinks after a certain time and then wake them up to go for a wee before you go to bed to help get them dry earlier but i prefered not to do that.
There are ways to do it but personally i feel that they should be able to drink what they want and have a wee before they go to bed and when they start waking up dry stop the nappies rather than restrict things and disturb their sleep and train them as such...xxxx

There isnt a 'certain age' that a child is normally dry at night but they do all get there in their own time xxx

My son was 5/6 and my daughter is 7 and still wears pull-ups (she has ASD).

Thankyou so much for your responses ladies...i feel really reassured!, was beginning to worry a little, not now though :) I will just wait and see, as long as he is happy :) xx

My son was nearly 4 1/2 when he became dry at night. 6 months beforehand he used to wake up in the early hours complaining of wet nappy.

So I used to check nappy when I went to bed, if he had already done wee in nappy, so I would take it off & he would remain dry for the rest of the night.

or

If nappy was dry, I would take it off & get him to do a wee (in a container in his room for minimum disturbance).

Then the time came when he wasnt ready to do a wee at 9pm & then started going through the night dry. Not sure what happens but they seem to do it in their own time.

DS was 3-4yrs old. His grandparents trained him.
DD1 i started about 2-3yrs old with getting a little potty and panties, getting potty DVDs, etc and she was NOT ready. She just wasnt getting it. Finally about 3, she magically got it. It was quite random. One day she woke up and said " I need to use the potty" and we went from there. she had accidents at first, but was better. She sadly at 5 still wets the bed. Its genetic though.
DD2 i waited until that magic moment like DD1, it came about 3 and the same way. One random day. She is dry all night and day at 4.

Theres no magic age, no magic way. It really is a random thing you CANT push them to do.

My son was a month shy of turning 4 before he stopped having accidents.

My older 3 were all completely trained by 2, I got lucky!:thumbup: Thankfully they've all been early talkers so able to say if they needed to go. My baby is only 10m though so maybe it'll be different this time around.

my daughter is nearly 4 and up until last week she was still wearing nappies to bed, we just kept telling her if she needs a pee or poo to just go to the toilet, still with her nappy on, then once the nappies were still dry in the morning we told her she was gonna be wearing pants to be now and to go to the toilet again and she just did, :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->