• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How quickly did you HCG levels drop to normal after erpc?

mitchnorm

Reaction score
Please share your experiences.....I am currently 16 days passed ERPC and HGC level (blood) was 95IU/l. Is that a pretty good/quick drop?

I am being monitored after partial molar so very very keen for a quick drop - certainly within 8 weeks

Thank you!

p.s. just to add I am in the UK so HCG was not measured whilst pregnant and I lost baby at 9 weeks.

From what I understand, levels can take longer to drop with a molar pregnancy but typically w/in a couple weeks you should be back to normal from a level of 95. With my second loss it took well over a month to get back to normal from about 130,000.

Thanks I think the surgeon did a good job and even after a partial molar level of 95 is pretty good after only 16 days.....hope it doesn't level off though. have just under 6 weeks to get to normal :wacko:

Why is there a set time limit? Is that a personal goal or is there a medical reason for it? It sounds like a very reasonable time frame so I wish you luck.

We were in another thread together Mitchnorm. My pregnancy isn't viable either. There are two yolks but they are not developing normally. I am hoping to MC naturally but my body doesn't seem to do this so I have a d&c scheduled for the 17th. My doctor wants to do one more confirmation scan at 9 weeks, next Thursday, to rule out the .0000001% chance there is a fetus hiding somewhere. But he did tell me to have fun and drink this weekend at a wedding I will attend.

Oh no itsawonder so sorry. We're you in February lovebugs? Fingers crossed for you x x x

The timescale is set by Charing cross hospital guidelines on partial molar pregnancy..... if negative at 56 days they do one final 4 week blood of still negative I can ttc straight away otherwise they tell you to wait 6 months :wacko: so ideally want that 12 week post erpc discharge and ttc x

I'm not sure how helpful this will be but before my procedure I had a reading of 16,000 on Tuesday and then 9,000 on Thursday. I had my procedure a week later and then my blood drawn 6 days after that. So 6 days after the procedure I was at 100 something. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how low it was right before the procedure.

I'm playing the waiting game now too. I saw on my ultrasound notes that a molar pregnancy was a possibility but the doctor listed almost everything as a possibility lol. I don't have my next appointment for 3 more weeks. They just said to not dtd until my HCG is at zero.

I'm not sure how helpful this will be but before my procedure I had a reading of 16,000 on Tuesday and then 9,000 on Thursday. I had my procedure a week later and then my blood drawn 6 days after that. So 6 days after the procedure I was at 100 something. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how low it was right before the procedure.

I'm playing the waiting game now too. I saw on my ultrasound notes that a molar pregnancy was a possibility but the doctor listed almost everything as a possibility lol. I don't have my next appointment for 3 more weeks. They just said to not dtd until my HCG is at zero.

Did they not send to histology to test for molar photopassion? As mine was tested and came back partial molar I have to be monitored so even after hcg returns to normal I have to wait....but quicker it gets to normal the less time I have to wait, not immediately though. sucks!!!

mine dropped exactly 2 weeks after d&c and period returned exactly 4 weeks after. In my situation it was like the first day of a cycle when I had the D&C. I used the cheapo test strips to test for a negative HCG

I think they are having it tested but I haven't had my follow up appointment yet. That's just what the report on my ultrasound said. He actually listed ectopic, molar, early pregnancy, and non-viable all as options. To me, it was a very large (3.2 mm) gestational sac which just looked like a blighted ovum. I didn't see any of the "grapes" that they describe when it's molar, but I'm not a technician and wasn't looking for that at the time. I'm hoping it's not, but I'll just deal with it as it comes.

Did they suspect a molar pregnancy before they did your procedure?

I hope your HCG continues to drop quickly!

I think they are having it tested but I haven't had my follow up appointment yet. That's just what the report on my ultrasound said. He actually listed ectopic, molar, early pregnancy, and non-viable all as options. To me, it was a very large (3.2 mm) gestational sac which just looked like a blighted ovum. I didn't see any of the "grapes" that they describe when it's molar, but I'm not a technician and wasn't looking for that at the time. I'm hoping it's not, but I'll just deal with it as it comes.

Did they suspect a molar pregnancy before they did your procedure?

I hope your HCG continues to drop quickly!

Nope didn't suspect at all and I was 9 weeks....a lot of things I read said they can detect on a scan at that stage. I had a private scan and baby measured 2.3cm and Hb had stopped....checked at hospital epu following morning confirmed. I wonder if they were more concerned with the lack of HB and making sure they were missing something rather than looking for reasons. Anyway I ticked the box on a form for testing (had no idea what a molar pregnancy was...just wondered whether it might give me answers as no other genetic testing was offered)..... Wish I hadn't now. Ignorance is bliss. Anyway they picked up partial molar on histology and I got a call 11 days after erpc:cry:

Fingers crossed for us both x x

I still haven't had my follow-up appointment, but I saw on my pathology notes that it was a possible molar pregnancy. I feel like it just keeps getting worse! Almost 2 weeks after my procedure my hcg was at 30 so that at least is good. Of course, since I didn't realize it was a possible molar pregnancy, the hubby and I dtd tonight right before I read about the diagnosis! I figured my hcg was probably very close to zero so wasn't worried about it (stupid!). I really hope I don't have to explain that to my doctor in two weeks. I wish they would have informed me of this so I would have taken the waiting period more seriously!

I hope your hcg continues to drop for you! My next draw is on Wednesday.

Haven't had another hcg result since my 95 but received my pack from referred hospital and sent off my next set of bloods and urine on Friday. fingers crossed

Hope you get your follow up soon. . Really rubbish making you wait!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->