How reliable are opk's?

lucyck

Reaction score
Hey I just wondered if anyone new any stats or info when it comes to opks

Xxxxx

Not sure but I have been using CB digitals and internet cheapy ones - CB digital has shown the smiley face on the same day as the internet cheapy ones show a definate line but it was fainter than the control line which according to their instructions is a negative... I'm going with any line is a positive and the CB results...

Not sure about any stats... but the IC ones always worked well for me in the past. This most current batch though is odd-the control line is super light (usually very dark pink)- so I called the co. and they are sending me a new batch... but I've used IC's, store bought stick ones (pink dye) and smiley face ones... all coincide with one another.

The IC ones show a faint line for me first- so I know to DTD soon as I see that!

Best of luck hun!

ive never had any probs with them, having said that ive mainly used the cbfm with the occasional opk thrown in..You might wanna have a look at www.peeonstick.com to see if it answers any of your questions.

I think generally they work for most women however for a selected few they dont. Do you a have a specific problem with them, just asking so can get a feel for why you wanna know:)

The sticks detect the luteinising hormone in you urine so if you got enough it will detect it..however if you test at the wrong time (for you) you might miss the surge and as such never get a positive..its hard to figure out, really :)

I read somewhere they are abour 98% correct in reading women's ovulation, that is of course if you test at the right time and dont have pcos etc..

Good luck and :dust: xxx

Very. I got the cheapest ones I could find on ebay and used them to pinpoint the best day of the month to have sex and it worked.

ive never had any probs with them, having said that ive mainly used the cbfm with the occasional opk thrown in..You might wanna have a look at www.peeonstick.com to see if it answers any of your questions.

I think generally they work for most women however for a selected few they dont. Do you a have a specific problem with them, just asking so can get a feel for why you wanna know:)

The sticks detect the luteinising hormone in you urine so if you got enough it will detect it..however if you test at the wrong time (for you) you might miss the surge and as such never get a positive..its hard to figure out, really :)

I read somewhere they are abour 98% correct in reading women's ovulation, that is of course if you test at the right time and dont have pcos etc..

Good luck and :dust: xxx

That link took me to something not so good. I think it's www.peeonastick.com

My very first experience in using opk tests was this month. Bought some cheap ones from amazon and tested from cd8 and got a positive on cd 13. I matched this all up with cm and cervix position and ov calendar and so far it seems right.

Ive used both ICs and the Answer brand. Answer was much easier to read than the IC. Since they are a little mind boggling, I would try temping the first time along with using the OPKs so you can get a good idea when you O. My first time I was so confused, I could never tell if the line was considered "dark" enough. Temping helped the 2nd time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->