how soon after giving birth are you fertile again?

tattoomom1

Reaction score
I'm being super paranoid me and my fiancee have had sex twice this week since my daughter was born (she's 2 months) both times we didn't use protection and he finished inside me(heat of the moment and not thinking ) and i have read everything from since I'm breastfeeding its not a possibility to i probably am cause your super fertile after giving birth

also I'm not saying i wouldn't love the baby i am just scared of having 2 babies under 1

When I went for my 6 week postpartum appointment with my first, my ob told me that he's had women come in for the appointment already newly pregnant because they didn't use protection. You absolutely can get pregnant while breastfeeding.

My sil got pregnant 4 weeks after her 1st baby, and 8 weeks after the second, so she had 3 under 2 in 3 separate pregnancies.

Immediately. So many must come back to their 6 week appointment pregnant, that my hospital was insistent on asking about birth control WHILE I was in labor.

Its different for all women. Some are fertile straight away. Some need to completely wean before periods come back. Some get periods back early but dont ovulate for several more months(this was me), some womdn get cycles back but with a lp defect... It all depends on your body. But that said, breadtfeeding is not a foolproof birth control method and you need to take precautions if you dont want another baby just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->