How soon can i TTC after a miscarriage?

firsttimer1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Going to hospital tomorrow to start medical management miscarriage - and myself and my partner want to start TTC as soon as possible.

Do we HAVE to wait until ive had at least one AF - or is that just so doctors can date pregnancies easier?

We are very much wanting to try asap xxx A honeymoon baby in about 7 weeks would be amazing haha xxx

So sorry for your loss. I would talk to you doc since he knows your exact situation. They all have differing recommendations. :hugs:

I've had one that said two months and two that said one. Everyone seemed to agree to wait for one AF though.

I agree with hopeful that every doc says something different. I will say~ if you don't have any major complications~ you should be fine to try whenever you are ready. The way I did it.. I was very relaxed and NTNP for the 1st month until I had my 1st AF and then I was all over TTC! :)

My last mc was at 13+4. I mc naturally but also needed d&c same day. My dr told me I could ttc as soin as bleeding stops and the only reason to wait was for dating purposes.

After MC1 with Methotrexate, the dr. asked us to wait until after 1st AF. After MC2 which happened on its own, the dr. said I could TTC as soon as the number went down to 0. I think they want people to wait a little after Metho so it gets out of your system. Other people also have to take extra folic acid after to build up their reserves again. I think it depends on the circumstances, but if you're having a Metho injection you may want to wait until after 1st AF. Otherwise, you will probably know when you're ready.

I had medical management this week and the sister told me that there is no set timescale on how long to wait until you try again, but they do advise waiting to have one normal period so it is easier to date the next pregnancy.

We also plan to try again as soon as possible but I will probably wait to have one normal period to let my body recover (although obviously won't be upset if I conceive immediately :haha:)

x

my doc told me to wait for 2 cycles but i was only 5 weeks and mc naturally so we ntnp this cycle. Next cycle i will probably not try because we are going to disneyworld and a cruise and i would be over the moon if i got pregnant but would regret if something happened when i got back if i still mc and didnt ride rides or anything with my daughter. kwim? Then in June it is baby making time!!!!!

My doctor said the only reason to wait would be for dating purposes. He told me to go ahead and start trying even though I haven't had a period since my d&c four weeks ago.

whats NTNP ladies? sorry.

is it true its best to wait for periods so the womb lining builds up again??

xxx

xxx
Ntnp means not trying not preventing hun, I had a natural m/c at 5 weeks and was told to wait a cycle to make dating a subsequent pregnancy easier. I didn't wait tho and ttc straight away but was unsuccessful and am now cd 2 after the witch made her first appearance after my m/c :cry: xx

xxx

My doctor did say my lining is thinner now because of my d&c BUT he also said that will not be an issue if I get pregnant right away and that the only reason to wait would be for dating purposes.

xxx

There isn't anything solid that says you need to build the lining back up- I had a d&c a little over 2 months ago and I'm back on fertility treatment and my lining looked GREAT- ideally should be between 8-13 and mine was 13- so even having surgery didn't affect my lining- and besides- if your body is NOT ready- then you won't get pregnant anyway. Your body knows what to do my dear :hugs:

I had a miscarriage in march at 16 weeks, d&c march 9th and my 1st AF showed up march 19th (VERY early compared to most) but it was still a bit brownish in color so I think my body was still trying to get rid of what was left of my pregnancy. The next cycle came right on time with my typical 28 day cycle and was back to normal (no brownish tint to it) so i think my body was still trying to recover. We ttc immediately after my 1st period with no luck, but now on 2nd cycle and hoping this is it:) My doctor did say I could start trying right away, but to at least give my body a few weeks to recover from the procedure. good luck to u!

Kiley

so sorry about your mc kiley, but thanks for the advice xxxx

i had a medical miscarriage on april 10th. i was 9 weeks but baby had died at 6 weeks. 3 weekslater i have only just got a negative preg test. spoke to hospital today as not using any contraception in hope to conceive again and they said that there is no extra risk of miscarrying again just because its so soon after miscarriage, its usually just for dating purposes that they ask you to wait for one cycle, but nurse wished me good luck and said an early scan can be requested at 6 weeks this time. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->