How to answer the question: "Hows your little man doing today?"

FirstTryGal

Reaction score
Ok, really? Because I talk to him on a daily basis? I am beginning to run out of snarky comments to make to people who ask. I dont mind people asking me how I am, or how I am feeling, but to ask about how my baby is doing? I have no idea, I don't have a viewing window...

My new favorite responses are "He's still in there!" and "Well, he asked about you the other day..."

What do you say when someone asks how your baby is?

Maybe it's your hormones making you sensitive, people are just trying to be nice :)

I know, it gets old. People mean well, but when you hear the same things 30 times a day it really gets draining. I HATE going to work because I get "haven't had that baby yet huh?" or "I can't believe you're still here". The other day someone kept asking every time they saw me (multiple times in one day) "Did you have the baby yet?" to which I replied "yeah, I just came back to finish my shift up".

I always say... "good as far as i know" but yes, its quite irritating!

I get over it really quick but it's cute for the first two times hahahah...

I usually say "ask my bladder" or "still cooking" like pp said

I always say "hold on a min and let me stick my head up there and ask" seems to be a question that annoys me to.. I really dont know but as long as he is still in there and mocing I am sure he is just fine

I get over it really quick but it's cute for the first two times hahahah...

I usually say "ask my bladder" or "still cooking" like pp said

"ask my bladder" :haha: i love this one! cept for me it should be "ask my cervix" since my boy likes to head bang on mine like he's at a rock concert lmao!

HAHA mine too...when he gets the hiccups, its like hes tapping on my cervix! :)

I say she's good and leave it at that. It does get old but it's nice that they are interested.

Awww dont be like that. I ask this question to others. I like hearing mothers to be telling me about their pregnancy... hiccups all the things you will remember very little when babies grow up

Awww dont be like that. I ask this question to others. I like hearing mothers to be telling me about their pregnancy... hiccups all the things you will remember very little when babies grow up

Totally agree, it's not like they're saying it to be mean or deliberately annoying. It's good ppl are interested enough to ask and when you're pregnant it's all ppl want to talk about. If they didn't ask then that would be wrong lol

My neighbour asks me every time I step out the door, how's baby doing or not long left now etc I think she like's reminiscing and talking about pregnancy bless her. She's just being nice :)

I think it's probably just pregnancy hormones. People are just trying to be nice! When people ask me this I will either tell them whatever I found out at the last ultrasound or whatever I know developmentally about that stage of pregnancy (like baby is over 2 pounds now, over a foot long, etc) or just something generic like he is getting big and kicking lots, or he is having a lazy day and taking a nap if he happens to be sleeping.

People don't want to literally know how he is feeling. They just want you to know they are interested and care about your baby!

I love talking about my baby, and knowing people care. Even if it's the same questions over and over. I get annoyed if someone asks me a rude question though (like I was about to smack the next person who asked if my pregnancy was planned, or if my baby was "normal")

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->