How to bathe 6 month old

autumnal

Reaction score
Hello... My baby is too big for his little tub or our sink, but he can't sit up yet. I lie him down in the tub but our tub is really high/square edged and it hurts to lean over! He hates sitting in a laundry basket. What should I do? Why doesn't he have a self-cleaning button? :nope:

I used a baby bath until our daughter was 15 months. Have you tried looking for a bigger bath? My daughter now goes in for a shower. Could you take them in a bath or shower with you?

Could you get in the tub with him or stick a bumbo in the tub for him to sit in?

My husband takes LO in the bath with him. Sometimes I'll come help with washing him and the rest of the time they splash and play together. I'm not a bath person but my husband seems to really enjoy it. I do help them getting out though (DH passes LO out to me) so you might need a second person for that part, not sure if that would work for you.

I'll try taking a bath with him then.. thanks everyone. I would worry that the bumbo would get mouldy or something? Does yours?

I'll try taking a bath with him then.. thanks everyone. I would worry that the bumbo would get mouldy or something? Does yours?

I never actually used a bumbo in the bath myself, I always just bathed with my LO until she could sit in the tub by herself around 5 months.

I never actually used a bumbo in the bath myself, I always just bathed with my LO until she could sit in the tub by herself around 5 months.

ooh I see. I've just never tried that for some reason. Wow, she could sit up in the tub so early? That's awesome!
The infant tub I have has these weird little bumpies in the bottom of it to keep the baby from sliding down too far, but my baby is pretty big for his age so they just squish his bottom uncomfortably.

My grandson hated lying in his baby bath, he was 4 months yesterday, he loves to sit and see whats happening so I bought him a bath seat, he cant quite sit unaided yet but the bath seat supports him so he can sit alone and I have my hands free to play with him :)

My grandson hated lying in his baby bath, he was 4 months yesterday, he loves to sit and see whats happening so I bought him a bath seat, he cant quite sit unaided yet but the bath seat supports him so he can sit alone and I have my hands free to play with him :)
Is that him in yout picture? He is soooo cute!

IKEA here (Australia) has a good size baby bath... Easily accommodates my almost 3yo and my 5yo will squish in at my parents (they don't have a bath).

I've seen inflatable type things to go in the big bath (might higher him up so it wouldn't hurt so much to lean over?) or maybe get a bath seat or a bigger baby bath?

I use this https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb...changing/p-16114/safety-1st-swivel-bath-seat/

It's tricky getting wiggly legs in but supports him to sit upright and he never would have laid down in the reclined bath support. I bath my toddler with him so need a free hand. We used it with my LG until a year or so I think. They both would grab the edge of the baby bath and try to get out from a few months so this was a lot safer once they could support themselves a bit

Is that him in yout picture? He is soooo cute!

Yes that is him :cloud9: Thank you so much :flower: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->